Chapter 58

Assalam O Alaikum !!
I am back hopefully , :D :D
Actually my university started so I am trying to the mange time and things .. :(

A nice chapter for you and I hope you all enjoy !!

***

Arsalan

My cousins persistence had gotten the better of me.

Kneeling down on one knee, I brought my hand up that held a half bloom red rose that Ahya had passed to me. Glancing up at the woman before me, I remained stunned.Large grey orbs looked shyly at me as the long lashes teased the soft skin of her under eyes.

Dressed in a dull golden dress she looked like a fairy fallen from the sky.To guide the lost home.To guide the travellers home.To guide me home.The velvety black dupatta remained draped around her shoulders complimenting her fair skin tone, only pulling my heart's strings.

Lost at words, I remained speechless in a daze.

Clearing of throats sounded in the background making me crash back to the reality.Looking at the red rose in my hand, I glanced at my wife.

" Amal will you marry me?"I asked.

The smile that once adorned her lips slid off as she looked at someone behind me.A flash of unbelievingly passing through her face.

" What?"Salah almost choked out.

" Propose her like you really mean it, stupid."He added.

Glaring at the man, I narrowed my eyes.Imraan chuckled out shaking his head.Coming by my side as leaned down before whispering.

" Say something very nice and confessing.Imagine that you both are not married and you are asking her to marry you."He whispered.

Moving away, my cousin joined the squad behind us.Looking at Amal, I smiled sheepishly.She only gave me a tight smile, shifting her weight on her feet.

Sighing in deeply, I started saying.And the words just flew out straight from the depth of my red heart.Confessing all I wanted to say to her.

" Amal, people say that the loved ones are the light in the darkness but I believe that you are the light in my brightness.The light I always wanted.That I craved.Even if everything is lightened around me, I would still always want your light.You are the hope in my life.And I swear, I would give my life away only to see that smile on your face-"I couldn't complete as the woman placed her palm on my mouth.

Her eyebrows knotting together and eyes widening.With parted lips, she shook her head.Removing her palm, I held her hand in my larger one.

" I swear, I would do anything to keep you happy.You are the reason I want to live.Everyday-I want each day of my life to be spent with you.Each second and each breath of mine is given away on your name.And most importantly, I want to grow old with you.I want to have grey hair with you by my side.Because you have me trapped and I am on this step of life that I can't back off now."Tears floated in the woman's eyes as she looked down at me.

" So, Amal Arsalan Khan would you make me the happiest man on the planet by marrying me?"I asked waiting for her to already say yes.

My sister and cousins chanted in the background, say yes, say yes.

Blinking away the tears she nodded her head.