Chapter 18

Arsalan

It was so tiny.

Just so much smaller than all the worries.I looked at it as it floated through the air among many other of it's type.But my eyes remained on that particular one although it was difficult to do so.

My back was against the cold wall as I sat on the floor, opposite to the large open window.The sunlight was casting through the glass window as I looked at the dusk specs.They were quite interesting if you observed them with keen interest.

It was just a spec but it held me concentrated as it merged around it's brothers.I sighed hopelessly knowing that it wasn't tagged that I could find it and hide it away in a bottle.

Though I'd love to do that.

A knock sounded on the bedroom door and seconds later Zarah's head pooped in.The young woman grinned as she walked in.I smiled at her way and folded my legs.

She handed me a mug of steaming coffee before settling on the floor besides me.Her hand instantly moving in the air before her.Scattering the particles away.I gulped a mouthful of the warm beverage.

"Finally ! you've learned to make coffee before my departure."I said playfully, narrowing my eyes in slits.

Her once calm expression change into into shock and then in self defence, her eyes narrowing too,

"Noo.. I always knew how to make coffee."She retorted flipping her hair behind her shoulder with sheer arrogance.I chuckled and soon she too joined in laughing.

"But bhai , I knew how to make coffee."She said smiling.

"I know."I said seriously this time, messing her hair.I drank my coffee as she rambled on about random things.

"You've done your packing?"She asked turning to be as I gave her the empty mug.

"Uhm hmm"I nodded slowly seeing the glint evaporate and sadness cloud her eyes.

"Oh."She only managed to say.

"Your flight is confirmed?"She asked after some seconds.

"Yes Zarah."I said looking at her, expectant of the hidden messages she wanted to convey me.

I rose my eyebrow at her when she didn't say anything.She huffed before sitting cross legged.

"Look, don't lie to me because I know you very well.I know you're just lying about coming back home in december but I know that you won't.You've spent the last four months here so why would you return in december.It's not that I don't want you home or something but you know that you'll not return until next year.So lie as much as you want to ammi, Daadi ma and Shahwar because she is surely gonna ask when you'll come home."She catched her breath as I stared at her dumbfounded.

Wow.How did the little brat just get to know.

"I am impressed."I only managed to say teasingly.She turned her face away, her expressions showing off slight anger and irritation.

"Why don't you come there, to me."I suggested although I knew it was a flop idea.

"Why would I come there bhai, when everything is here."Zarah's voice was quite. Making me tense with her words.

I only nodded.She asked if she needed any help to which I declined and then she left to help the others to make afternoon snacks.

Everything.

I didn't know where everything was.Yet how Zarah know where everything is.But again Zarah isn't a loser like Arsalan.