Chapter 35

Amal

I rocked myself on the bed.Wrapping my arms around my knees.I moved back and froth.Holding myself up.Cold shivers kept running down my body whilst the blood in my veins rushed with high velocity.

My ears were numbed with my erratic heart beats.My curled figure was draped with layers of warm comforters but the coldness running in my body couldn't be stopped.

I waited for my destruction.My death.

The light from bright day outside had no comparison with the darkness my eyes were seeing or the darkness I saw inside of me.

Yet I still felt the hollowness consume me again as every flashback and scenario hit me hard.Shaking my body with all the horrible things I had faced.My mind, body and soul was being dragged to the same white mansion again and again as I felt it all happening all over again.

The only difference was that, this time the chaos wasn't outside.It was inside me.I had to face it all alone.My fears, they were taunting me.Screaming at me, begging me.Scraping my unhealed wounds, drawing my blood out.

My open wounds scared me the most.As the burning flesh deeply cut stared up at me with absolute despair.Those horrible pictures only played in my mind, whereas all the other things were devoid of my thinking.My brain couldn't process anything other than my past.

Goosebump decorated my arms as I looked down my hands.My wedding rings standing bright against my pale finger now.My breaths lowered as Jalal Khan's image from yesterday now played on my mind.

It has been almost more than one and an half year and the man had changed a lot.His dark hair had turned grey now.His beard rough and he looked very alcoholic rather than the strong and dominating man he was back home.

His body had turned more bony making the man look weak yet still more stronger than me.

Leaning my head against the soft pillow.I wished to disappear in thin air.Or to escape into darkness.Sleep.It was the only escape.But little did I know.

My eyes pressed shut as I ran into the arms of dark sleep that was welcoming me with open arms.Alluring me, to run towards it but the harsh reality slapped me hard when a knock on the door startled me.

My eyes shoot up to the wall clock seeing it read fifty past two.My heart and mind fought together but both remained frozen.Deciding to not open the door, I placed the pillow over my head.

HE IS HERE.

HE IS HERE.

HE IS HERE.

JALAL KHAN IS HERE.

He is here.

Jalal Khan is here.

Jalal Khan is here.

The words danced everywhere creating a severe headache.I pulled my body closer, fixing up all the parts together.

Don't open the door Amal.

Let it be.

Another harsh knock broke free in the silent apartment making me shoot up from my place.With soft steps I made my way to the door very slowly careful not to make a noise.The banging was constant as I passed the hallway and into the living room.

My eyes swept to the bolts and lock seeing it securely locked.Feeling a little secure, I sat on the sofa in front of the main door.My dry throat filled up with lumps as a hard knock sounded after minutes.