" You be a good guy at school, have fun and make friends." He nodded, his black hair like his mother's, falling onto his forehead again.

" Yes, baba" he kissed my cheek, his little arms curling around my neck.

" Baba loves you, buddy." I patted him before hoisting him up in my arms.

" Come on, the bell is about to ring." I held Amal's hand as she sniffed, making me bend and kiss her head.

We made our way into the school building and in Amaan's class. His teacher was waiting and I let him down. He waved at us before sending a flying kiss to his mother, as Amal laughed.

We walked over to the car, as I helped Amal inside.

Two months passed and we easily fell into a routine. When I'd drop Amaan off at home after school, Amal would hug him for half an hour before letting him go and I'd shake my head and laugh.

It wasn't until a few days ago that Amal's backache and cramps increased, making her hiss a lot while doing any action. At night, I would roll her in my arms and she'd sleep in my embrace. But I couldn't see her in pain. Two days ago, her pain increased and she screamed my name.

" Arsalan!"

Hurrying out of the office, I ran frantic to her, seeing her face twist in pain and she bend over crying. Her arms going around her belly. My heart thudded against my ribcage and I held her hand soothing her. Wiping her tears.

Her face constricted and I helped her up from the sofa as she whispered,

" Hospital."

I nodded and ran to the bedroom to retrieve the bag Amal had prepared a few days ago for the hospital. Amaan was besides us, crying whilst looking at his mother. I hugged him to my chest and took him across the hallway to Bashar's door. Explaining the situation to the blue eyed man, I handed over my child to him as he helped to look over Amaan.

Rushing back to Amal, I picked her up bridal style before rushing out of the house.

She was gasping, and I stared horrified at her.

" Janaan, we are just there, hold on, baby" I kept whispering to her as I drove. She could barely keep her grey eyes open and she tilted her head in discomfort.

" Hold on, Janaan." My fingers had shook on the staring wheel as I glanced at her limp form. She had gone unconscious.

When the nursing staff had rolled her onto the stretcher, my heart broke. And a tiny tear slid down my cheek but I held her hand, wanting to stay close to her.

Hours later after her full checkup, her doctor informed that Amal and the baby were absolutely fine. And her cramps had worsened because of her nearing due date. Her glucose levels had also dropped at the time causing her to loose consciousness. Due to her pregnancy, they couldn't increase the dose of her painkillers, so the doctor advised that it was better if she stayed in hospital under observation for a few days.

Amal was due in two weeks, and avoiding any risks, I had agreed as long as my wife and my child were safe.

-

" Arsalan-" fingers ran through my hair as I nuzzled my nose in her wavy hair.

" Mm" fluttering my eyes open, I saw Amal's beautiful face inches away from mine,

" Janaan" I croaked and sat up seeing her large grey eyes look up to me.

" How are you feeling?" I asked kissing her forehead. She nodded her head, running her hand over my stubbled jaw.