"Bumblebee," I couldn't help the grin that had spread on my face, as I said her name.

She pulled away from me and looked up. Her big green eyes shining under the intense light of the sun, a lot like gems.

"Buzz buzz," she said, her little button nose wrinkling slightly.

The little greeting tugged at my heartstrings and I instantly melted.

Crouching down to Bea's height, I was leaning on my ankles, trying to keep my balance steady from underneath me.

"I thought you forgot about me," she said, her lips quivering ever so slightly.

She looked so sad, it broke my heart.

Not only was I being unfair towards Liam, I was also hurting Bea and in my selfish ways, I had forgotten about her being completely innocent in all of this.

I gently cupped her face. "No, darling, I'd never ever forget about you. I've just been really busy," I told her.

She pouted, looking hurt, but before she could say anything more, another voice interrupted us...

"Too busy to see me?" Liam's voice asked, sounding accusatory.

I closed my eyes momentarily hearing his voice.

Despite his words saying something else, all it did was remind me of his words from the night of the party.

His words that had led to a kiss.

Finally opening my eyes, I tilted my head up a little to see Liam starting down at me, a hardened expression on his face.

"Liam," my voice came out as a whisper, the cold breeze just carrying it through.

His name left a bittersweet taste on my tongue, yet one which I craved for.

I stood up straighter, as Bea clutched my hand, and Liam's eyes never left mine.

"I-" my throat felt dry as I spoke, causing me to take a harsh gulp.

He didn't wait for me to speak, instead he asked the question I'm sure he wanted the answer to for a long time.

"Where have you been?" He asked me, gritting out the question from between his teeth it seemed.

His intense gaze nearly made me flinch, but I kept myself composed.

"I've been busy with work and then moving," I replied, trying to keep my voice as steady as possible.

My answer was not one Liam was all too happy with clearly, and instead, I saw his jaw clench.

"So all my calls, messages, they never got to you?" He questioned. "Or when I spoke to Arya, Sara or even Danny, none of them told you about it?"

His questions were legitimate and I knew that. I wasn't really accustomed to avoiding someone like this and I knew that I was doing a poor job.

The worst part -  I hadn't exactly figured out what I was going to say to Liam when I saw him.

I wasn't expecting to bump into him like this.

"I-it was just hard replying to you with everything else going on," I stammered through my answer rather unconvincingly, even to myself.

Liam let out a harsh, mocking kind of laugh, that had me clench my free hand into a fist.

"Seriously?" He questioned, as his laughter died out and when I didn't answer, he shook his head. "You're a terrible liar."

I would've replied, but instead Bea took a step forward, squeezing my hand.