47. Hope

Liam

"Okay, Bea. Which one looks better?"

I showed her both the ties in either hand as she stood on the edge of the bed in front of me, trying to help me decide.

It was quite an important night tonight and I needed to look my best.

Bea tilted her head to the side, closing one of her eyes, seemingly assessing both options with real attention. She clearly understood that this was a big decision, even if she had no real idea why.

"Umm," she continued to hum the word until she stopped and straightened herself. "That one," she pointed to the right, at the dark red tie in my hand.

"Sure?" I asked.

Bea nodded with enthusiasm and smiled. "Sure, sure," she gave me a thumbs up.

"Perfect," I said and began to tie it.

I knew it was a biased decision, she loved red.

"Where are we going?" Bea asked.

"We are going to have dinner with grandma and grandpa," I told her.

"Really?" She asked, excitedly. I adored the way her eyes lit up, she really loved her grandparents.

I nodded. "Yup. And also Rena's parents."

Bea's head tilted to the side a little, her little brows furrowed together, as a confused look came over her face.

"Oh. Why?" She asked, curiously.

I walked towards her, standing in front of her, whilst she still stood on my bed.

"You know how I love Rena?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah."

"I want her to be a part of our world," I said, holding Bea's hands. "Her world includes her parents so, I think it will be nice to have dinner with them. Are you okay with that?"

Rena's parents had been quite accepting of us, with both of them encouraging me to run after her that day. However, I wanted them to also know that this wasn't just a fluke and I really loved their daughter.

We were still dating, I guess. Or I was courting her? I was definitely trying to earn her.

Either way, if this were a normal progression of a relationship, this would probably be the stage where I'd been meeting her parents for the first time. That wouldn't really happen with us, especially since her parents had known me for a long time.

But I still wanted Rena to feel that security, that we were going through all the stages as a normal couple would. We weren't going to skip any steps.

"Can I call them granny and grandad?" Bea asked.

I smiled at her. "You can ask them?"

She then held onto my tie, playing with it a little nervously.

"Will they like me?" She asked, her head lowered down.

I lifted her chin up. "They'll love you. They already do. Remember, you met them at Christmas?"

"But will they let Serena stay with us forever?" She asked.

And here I thought I was the only one that was nervous.

"If we're lucky," I grinned and kissed her cheek.

She giggled and kissed my cheek as well.

I turned her around and fixed her hair, making it the princess way that she liked, clipping on the Bee clip that Rena had bought for her.