16. Double Date

Serena

"Hey, you ready to go?" Will asked, standing by the doorway.

Tonight, we were going for a double date with Sara and Danny, since she'd said we hadn't done this in forever. Clearly she'd forgotten that we had dinner together last week.

That girl will forever be dramatic. But I still love her.

"Just a second," I said, as I sat by my dresser, putting on my earrings.

After I gave myself a last glance in the mirror, I smiled and then turned back, to see Will looking at me weirdly.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him, feeling a little conscious.

His eyes roamed over my body, from head to toe, and then stopping at my face, he smirked at me wickedly.

"Internally debating whether you look better in that dress or out of it," he said so casually.

I shook my head whilst smiling. "You're an idiot."

"And you love me for it," he winked. A frown then developed on his face, "It's ridiculous, why do you look like that-," he gestured to my outfit, "-when I look like this?" he gestured to himself.

I wore a simple white dress, and he was in a formal shirt and trousers. We both looked smart, but of course he would make it out to seem that I was looking a lot better.

I wanted to laugh, but held it in.

Instead, I dramatically sighed. "A question I ask myself everyday."

Will then narrowed his eyes at me.

"Funny," he replied, sarcastically.

"Okay, let go," I smiled, grabbing my purse.

Will held my hand as he led me out the room, only to turn back abruptly, nearly causing my to crash into him.

"What?" I asked.

"I forgot something," Will frowned.

My face scrunched up a little as I thought about what he could have possibly forgotten since I knew he would always be ready before me.

Only a second later, a pair of lips met mine.

"Got it," Will smiled leaning back after me pecked my lips.

"Muppet," I muttered and shook my head gently, but not without a smile on my face, as he grabbed my hand and continued to lead me out of our room.

***

"You know, Chris said he'll be back in city soon," Sara told me as we ate dinner.

I looked at her in surprise. "Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, with Miguel," she then added.

I smiled at her words. "Those two are so cute together," I said and Sara grinned at me in agreement.

"This is the guy you went to college with, who has the photographer boyfriend?" Will asked.

"That's the one," I nodded.

Since Chris went to the same college as Sara and I, the three of us became much closer friends. We didn't really interact much at high school, belonging to different groups at first. He was a lot more quiet back then and honestly, I wasn't even sure he liked me much.

However, after high school, the three of us just seemed to click.

Chris moved out to New York too, like Sara and I. He found himself a photographer boyfriend, one that travels the world. The two of them settled in California for the last couple of years, when Chris got job at a tech firm. I guess now he was coming back.