36. Fireworks

I was screaming internally when I wrote this chapter and I hope you will too.

I wanted to just skip ahead and publish this, but had to wait and now it's finally time.

So excited!

***

Serena

I was really excited.

Tonight it was Sara's birthday and I planned this for a while with Danny, and now it was finally happening.

It was challenging, since I was living with Sara and Danny, and keeping secrets around Sara was the hardest thing. She seemed to always know something was up and she'd ruin the surprise.

But not this time.

For the last couple of weeks, I had made sure to work with my real estate agent and find a place for myself, which I actually did. It was perfect and affordable.

And since it was empty, it also served as a great place to hide all things for her party or whatever needed to be delivered.

Danny had been planning for Sara's birthday for a long time and now that she was going to have their baby, he was all the more excited to plan this party.

He then recruited my help, which was why I was currently standing in a marquee, giving out orders.

We tried to go big for her birthday, and so we decided to go for an outdoor party, but just in case, we put up a massive marquee tent in case of bad weather.

The inside of the tent was decorated with fairy lights and balloons, with flower petals spread around and tea lights on the tables. There was dance floor in the middle, because Sara loved to dance, and pregnant or not, she would still dance. There was an open bar as well, although that was probably something Sara was going to have to skip - but I had special mocktails selected for her.

The party was supposed to feel warm and intimate, which is why we didn't go overboard on the guest list.

"Those go over there and when you had a moment, could you ask someone to fix the lighting in that corner, please?" I asked one of the staff members I hired for the evening.

"Sure," he said, taking the balloons in his hand to the place where I asked.

I smiled at him gratefully. "Thank you."

At this point, I was definitely stressing. Danny was going to be bringing Sara here himself, and I needed to have everything ready by then.

Everything was basically ready, but I was still stressing as Danny kept messaging every ten minutes.

Guests had already begun to arrive, all dressed in their formal wear.

"Seriously, Serena, you have outdone yourself," I turned around at Chris's voice.

He stood there with Miguel smiling at me, whilst Miguel was just looking around, taking everything in I assume.

"Aw, thank you, guys," I moved to give them a hug. "You both look amazing," I added.

Chris was dressed in a dark grey suit, whilst Miguel wore a maroon suit.

"Of course we do, I styled us both," Miguel said in an obvious tone, as we broke the hug.

I laughed at his words.

It wasn't actually news. I knew whenever the two were going to an event together, it was usually Miguel who would choose what they would wear. Chris would be happy in just normal, casual attire.