25. Reception

Serena

"You look amazing," Will complimented me, as I fussed around with my dress.

"Do I?" I asked, grinning.

Will wrapped his arm around my shoulder and nodded. "You always do," he said and I kissed his cheek.

Tiff had invited both Will and I to attend her special day. It was really sweet of her, since it wasn't a usual thing to invite the person from whom you got your dress.

With Tiff, I didn't think of her as just one of my customers, I thought of her a friend and so when she invited us, I accepting. There was also the fact that I was close with her family.

The only thing that I'm not overly enthusiastic about when it comes to wedding, is the effort it takes to get ready. Now I know I'm not the bride, but even being a guest, I was going to be in a picture at least and I didn't want to look dull.

"You're finally going to meet Emma and Mr Hunter," I told Will.

He'd missed them the last time at the dinner and they had gone back home after. This was the time they'd properly meet him.

The ceremony was a little too hectic and I didn't want to get in the way by dragging Will around to meet them, so I thought I'd wait till after, till the reception.

"Should I be scared?" He asked, with a worried look across his face.

"No. But maybe a little nervous," I joked and he playfully narrowed his eyes at me.

Taking his hand, we both walked towards the entrance of the hotel, where the ceremony was to be held in one of their halls and then made our way there.

Just as we walked into hall, I could see Emma and Mr Hunter, standing by one of the tables.

I squeezed Will's hand, gesturing over to then and he nodded, before I then began to lead him towards them.

As soon as Emma spotted me, she smiled brightly.

"Ah darling. It's good to see you," she greeted, quickly pulling me into a hug.

"And you too, Emma," I said, hugging her back. "You look beautiful as always."

As she pulled away, she shook her head. "You're too kind," she said.

"Um, I think I deserve a compliment too?" I looked to the side and saw Mr Hunter standing there with a grin on his face.

Emma snorted, as I smiled at him. "You look handsome as ever," I told him.

"I know," Mr Hunter shrugged, with a smug smile.

His smile then left when he looked beside me. "And who is this young man?" He asked, staring Will down.

I cleared my throat, before preparing to give introductions.

"Mr Hunter, Emma, I'd like you to meet my fiancé, Will," I gestured to him and then back to them. "Will, this is Emma and Peter Hunter, Liam's parents."

Will put his hand forward. "I'm so happy to finally meet you both. Serena's told me a lot about you," he said.

"Good things?" Emma asked, as she shook his hand.

"Endless amount of good things," Will grinned.

Mr Hunter shook Will's hand and then looked at me. "Atta girl. I knew I liked you," he said.

I smiled, whilst Emma shook her head.

"She's always been a sweetheart." Emma looked at me fondly and then back towards Will. "We've heard great things about you too."