New Years Eve (Epilogue)

Patton:

"I have more dip!" I call across the room.

     "Oh, thank goodness, I have so many chips!" Roman says dramatically draping himself over Virgil's lap.

"Here let me take that for you," Deceit says planting a kiss on my cheek while lifting the bowl from my hands, he takes it to the table which is already overflowing with snacks.

"Ooh, I'm gonna dip my marshmallow in it!"

"Remus! Don't do that! You're gonna get marshmallow all in the dip!!!" Roman shouts at him.

Remus pouts, "But I wanna."

Logan pats his knee, "Why don't you put some on a chip and transfer it to the marshmallow?"

Remus's eyes light up, "That's a great idea. You're so helpful, Logie," he grabs a chip.

     I smile as I watch them all together, Virgil's laughing as Deceit explains to Roman the idea that time isn't real and that technically The 'New Year' doesn't matter. Roman's not exactly getting the point.

     "You can decide at any moment to reinvent yourself, the idea of 'New Year, New Me' is erasing that fact."

     "But, it's easier to change at the start of something."

     Deceit puts his head in his hands, "That's not—"

     I walk over and place a hand on his shoulder, "It's okay, Dee, I understand what you mean."

     He smiles at me, "Thank you, My dear."

     I blush at the nickname, "Would you like some fudge?" I offer him the plate, "I know it's one of your favorites."

     "I can think of nothing worse," he says before taking one.

I lean into his side, giggling as he puts his arm around me. He yawns loudly.

"Are you getting tired?" I ask him softly.

He shakes his head, "I can't wait until midnight."

"Okay," I mumble, "but you can sleep if you want."

"Then I'd miss getting a kiss," he whispers to me with a chuckle.

Remus:

     "Remus," Logan gets my attention, "You're starting to fidget, do you wanna play another game?"

I stop toying with his tie, and nod.

He smiles, "Okay, what would you like to play?"

I think for a moment, an idea occurs to me. Monopoly, a game of absolute chaos, plus it gets Logan all competitive.

     "You wanna play Monopoly?" I ask the room.

"Absolutely not," Dee says happily, he loves Monopoly.

     "Oh that's a great idea, Remus!" Patton says excitedly.