Chapter 13

Logan:

I wake to Remus still cuddled up to me, I quickly silence my alarm. I decide it would be unwise to wake him. Deceit has informed me that he doesn't react well when he's awoken by force.

I resign myself to laying in bed for awhile longer than usual. I stare at Remus. He has his arms wrapped around my midsection, his face buried in my chest. I smile fondly, he looks so peaceful when he's asleep. His hair looks soft, I reach my hand out, an experiment to analyze the texture.

His hair is exactly as soft as it looks, I start to run my fingers through it, I continue to do that for awhile, until he starts making a small noise.

     I freeze, "rmm..." he frowns.

     I start to move my hand again, his expression softens. I smile fondly.

I decide that this is a rather pleasant way to spend my morning.

Deceit:

     It's seven in the morning, Patton's alarm went off half an hour ago. I turned it off.

     I decided that he deserved a break from all the waking up early and cooking, I crack open a few eggs. I hope everyone likes scrambled...

"Dee..." I turn around. My breath hitches.

Patton is standing in the kitchen doorway, still in his pajamas, a sleepy look on his face.

"Good morning," I smile at him.

"What are you doing?" He asks groggily.

"Not making breakfast," I reply, "you seemed to be well rested and definitely not in need of any extra sleep."

     "I'm fine, Dee. You're a guest..."

     I frown, "What about everyone else? I've noticed that everyone else is jumping at the chance to cook."

     "Virgil and Logan are just not as good at it, and Roman has caused a fire almost every single time he's tried to cook." He answers as he comes over to the stove.

     "Ah," I say.

     "Here, let me help," he reaches for the spatula.

     "No, go sit down. I'm making breakfast today."

     "Dee..." he whines.

     "Sit,"I command.

     He pouts, "I don't want to."

     I sit the spatula down, "I guess you win," I say with a smirk. His eyes widen in shock when I scoop him up.

     "Deceit! Put me down!"

     I laugh, "Of course."

     He squeals, "Deceit! This is not funny!" He laughs.

     I carry him into the living room, dropping him gently on the couch.

     "I highly recommend you get up from that spot," I smirk and head back to the kitchen.

     "No you don't!"

     I'm tackled to the floor, "Argh."

     "I've got you now!" Patton cries with glee.

     I flip us over really fast, so that I'm on top of him now, "What was that?" I ask breathlessly.

     His face is flushed, "No...fair..." he huffs.

     I start to laugh, so does he. Soon we're both just cackling on the floor.

     "What's that burning smell..." Virgil says coming down the stairs. "Oh," his face turns red when he sees us.

     "Virgil!" I stand up quickly.

     "Hey, kiddo!" Patton says, his voice a little high pitched.

     "Uh...hey..." he doesn't look at us.

     I sniff the air, "Oh the eggs!" I cry as I run to the kitchen.

     "I'm gonna...go shower..." I hear Patton excuse himself.

     What was that? It was nothing, I tell myself. Just me playing a game with the host. That was all it was.

Remus:

     I wake up to Logan playing with my hair, it takes him a moment to realize I'm awake.

     "Oh," his face flushes and he takes his hand away, "Good morning, Remus." He looks away from me.

     I smile at him sweetly, "there's no need to be so shy, Logie." I put my hand on his arm, he turns to stare at me in shock.

     "I-well I," He clears his throat, when he speaks again his voice is steady, "I need to get out of bed now."

     "Of course," I smile innocently, without moving.

     "Could you...uhm...excuse me...please?"

     I nod, "Anything for you."

     He blushes redder than I've ever seen anyone get before, "Th-Thank you."

     He climbs out of bed and heads to the bathroom.

     After he closes the door I laugh. How awkward could one guy be?

     I lay back down on the bed, I can still feel the ghost of his fingers in my hair. I wonder if I could get him to do that again? It was rather nice...

     I shake my head, we don't have time to think like that, I scold myself. But I still find myself thinking about it.

Roman:

     "I love you too."

     The words haunt me long after I've woken up. They echo in my head while I shower. When I close my eyes I still see Virgil saying those words! Those words he would never say.

     I try to put the dream out of my mind. I've been trying to be rid of my feelings for Virgil for months. I thought I was making progress. Not yet there, but still progress.

     I frown at myself in the mirror, how could he ever love me? Who was my subconscious trying to fool?

     Who could ever love a pompous jerk who's spent most of their time with you calling you names?

     I sigh, I practice my smile for a few minutes.

     "Looking good," I lie to myself as I head out the door.