Chapter 17

Chapter 17: The Answer 

March 2019

"Come on lets go on a walk." Jackson said. Now was the perfect time to propose to her. Kathrine smiled and grabbed her coat off the back of her chair and headed for the door as Jackson paid the check and soon fallowed her.

"Where are we walking?" she asked as they started toward the old Trenton Bridge, where he first told Kathrine he loved her.

"A place." Jackson said. He had no intention of telling her where they were walking to till they got there.

"You’re not going to tell me are you?" She smiled. Kathrine knew Jackson well enough that she knew he had something big planned if he wasn’t telling her where they were going.

"Not a chance." Jackson laughed. They talked while they walked toward the bridge. After a while of walking they came to a stop in the middle of the bridge. "We’re here."

"The old Trenton Bridge?" Kathrine asked

"Yeah." He said as he turned to her.

"Isn’t this where you first told me you loved me?" She asked as she looked out over the water.

"Yes." Jackson said as he pulled out the ring and got down on one knee. Kathrine turned to face him and covered her mouth as she saw the ring inside the small, royal blue, velvet, box. "Kathrine Elizabeth Anderson, will you marry me?"

"Yes, yes yes! A thousand times yes!" Kathrine shirked. Jackson smiled and grabbed the ring out of the box and slid it onto Kathrine’s left hand ring finger. As he stood up he grabbed her waste and pulled her to him then he kissed her.

"I love you." He whispered in her ear. She smiled and kissed his cheek and they stayed in a hug for a good five minutes.

"You know my mom will be happy about this, but Riley most likely won’t." Kathrine said as they started to walk back toward the car.

"Who the hell do you think picked out the ring?" Jackson asked her. She looked at him as a smile came across her face.

"You’re kidding!" She said excited. He shook his head no and she laughed. "There is no way my brother helped his best friend pick out an engagement ring for him to propose to his sister."

"I’m dead serious, babe," he said. "He helped me pick it out."

"So I guess he approves?" she asked him.

"Maybe." He said thinking about it. He wasn’t sure that Riley was excited about him going to marry his twin sister or not. Riley had acted okay with it, but this was Riley you could never exactly know what he was thinking or what he really felt. "He seemed okay with it when he helped me pick out the ring."

"He could be." She said. Kathrine knew Riley better than anyone, next to their mother of course. If she didn’t know what he was thinking or feeling then most likely nobody could.

Jackson drove all the way back to the house and as soon as he got in the door he fell on the couch. Kathrine came in behind him and closed the door. She sat down in his chair and looked at her ring.

"When do you want to get married?" Jackson asked her.

"I want to get married on the day we first met each other." She smiled knowing that it was four months away giving them plenty of time to plan it out.

"Okay that would be July 17 wouldn’t it?" he said trying to remember the first time he and Kathrine met.

"I’m surprised you remember." She smiled nodding her head.

"Come here." He said as he grabbed her hand and she sat on his lap. "I would never forget the day we met, the day we moved in with each other, the day we started to date, the day we got engaged, the day of our wedding, your birthday, or even when we have kids I will never forget the day of their birth."

"So you want kids?" she rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Of course I do." He said.

"Zack isn’t enough?"

"No I want I big family."

"Exactly how many kids do you want?"

"Well four maybe five."

"Does that count Zack?" she asked with a worried look on her face. She never wanted kids till she got pregnant with Zack four years earlier.

"Yes, because I’m going to count him as my own son you know that." He said kissing her head.

"Now all I need is for Jonathon to give up parental rights."

"Or have them taken." Jackson said right after she finished. She smiled then kissed him. When she pulled back she looked at her ring.

"I really do love the ring."

"Good I’m glad."

"What kind of wedding do you want?"

"I want you to have the wedding of your dreams."

"I love you so much." She smiled then kissed him again. He pushed the button on the side of the couch to make the foot stand come out and he laid back. Kathrine laid up against him and they both fell asleep.

Jackson woke up to a knock at the door and Kathrine still asleep laying on his chest. He rolled her off him and got up and answered the door. Sara was there with Zack who of course was wide awake even if it was eight thirty in the morning.

"Hi Sara." He said as she handed him Zack.

"So did you ask her?" she asked sitting her bag on the coffee table.

"Yes, he did." Kathrine said sitting up as Jackson set Zack down beside her.

"You gonna marry Jackson?" Zack asked in his cute little voice.

"Yes, bubba." Kathrine smiled and kissed him on his head then looked at her mom. "And this time I’m going to stay married."

"Good, your dad said he is happy for you." She told her daughter.

"Wait dad knew Jackson was going to propose?" Kathrine asked confused.

"We all knew." Sara smiled. "That’s the only reason I took Zack last night."

"I want you to help me plan this one too." Kathrine smiled.

"Of course." She smiled. "How much time do we have?"

"Four months. We decided to get married the day we met which would be July 17." She explained.

"I can defiantly work with that time limit." Sara laughed.

________________________________________

sorry it took me so long to upload this chapter i know some of you were waiting for it i've just been busy with school. But anyway comment and tell me what you think. 

thats a pic of Sara and Zack

-Sam

UPDATE: as of 7-29-13 this story has been split into two different parts Falling for My Best Friend's Sister and Married to My Best Friend's Sister.