|| C H A P T E R 29 ||

Start from the beginning

I shook my head smirking. Shifting through my clothes I attempted to decide what I should wear. Although it would be best if I didn't make a decision until I looked at the weather.

"Hey Siri, what is the temperature outside?"

"It is 37 degrees outside," she answered me back.

Upon hearing the temperature I pulled out my red puffy jacket, a long sleeved black shirt, and a pair of white washed mom jeans. I set them next to the suitcase and zipped it back up putting it in its original place.

The shower water turned off. I looked that way and started walking in towards the bathroom. Twisting the handle of the door I saw it's unlocked. Not thinking I pushed it open. The heat of the bathroom flooded out along with steam.

"Grace, your back," Brooke smiled at me. Her hair and body were already wrapped in white fluffy towels.

"Yah, just went downstairs to meet with my mom," I walked in and shut the door leaning up against it.

"Kinda figured," she looked at herself in the mirror that was fogged over.

I walked over to the shower and turned the nods, "think there's still hot water?"

"Maybe," she looked at me.

"Let's hope," the shower started running again and I ran my hand under the steaming hot water, "lucky me," I turned around and winked at her.

She shook her head, "lucky you."

I reached my hand out towards her. She took it and I pulled her towards me wrapping my arms around her waist, "have your parents called yet?"

"No, they're a few hours behind us."

"Lucky you. What are you going to tell them when they ask where you are? It is thanksgiving?"

She wrapped her arms around my neck, "let's cross that road when we get there."

I kissed her cheek and let her go, "I should shower before there really is no hot water."

"Yah, um, right," she started to walk towards the door.

I began to slip my shirt over my head, "oh by the way, Cali is in the room. Probably watching cartoons or something."

She turned back and her cheeks flushed red, "okay," and with that she walked out the bathroom.

🦃🦃🥧🥧🍁🍁

"It's cold!" Cali complained yanking on mother's hand

"I know honey, but the parade is just about to start."

I huffed making sure Brooke was close so we wouldn't loose her, "it's always pack. Why we still come, I don't know."

Brooke gently bumped my shoulder mouthing, 'be nice!'. I rolled my eyes, but none the less shut up and grabbed onto her arm. She gladly accepted it.

At last we stopped walking, we had finally found a place to stand and watch the parade. Maybe this year we will watch all the way through.

Of course we didn't. We stayed for about forty-five minutes then left. Seeing the Statue of Liberty for the fifth time is so much more appealing then standing around and watching the parade.

"Have you ever been on a the ferry?" I asked Brooke as we stood inline to board the boat.

She shook her head, "I've never been to New York in general."

"Don't worry it gets old after a while," we all began to board the boat. Luckily we got seats on the top level of the ferry.

Brooke looked out in awe of the view. I stood next to her washing her reaction. Drinking up her appearance. The wind blew through and her hair went back her scent blew my way and I sniffed the air. Her smell is intoxicating.

"I want to stand next to Brooke!" Cali pushed past me and took my spot.

Brooke looked down at her smiling, "hey little one."

"I'm not little I'm almost seven!"

I shook my head and took a step back taking a seat with mom.

"What a surprise. Brooklyn being able to join us," she shivered when a breeze of wind passed by yet again.

"Yah a surprise," I wrapped my arms around myself.

"She did get permission to come right? Grace we're thousands of miles away from home!"

"Chill mom. It's fine. Her parents are way to over protective."

She shook her head fixing her scarf, "you called me mom. Does this mean your no longer mad at me?"

"I know I'm a bitch. I'm ungrateful, and take everything I have for granted. I'm sorry," I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"You've finally realized your ways?" She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and rested her hand on my head.

"Eh, sure you can say that," I kinda shrugged.

"No more late adventures? No more drugs? No more Brielle?"

I sat up, "don't get to far ahead of yourself."

"I'm serious Grace. You need to start informing where you are. I know your eighteen and everything, but I need to know where you are. For my sake, please," she looks me in the eye.

"Okay, fine. I will always send a text with my location."

"Or you can download life360 so then I won't have to worry," she raised her eyebrows.

I shook my head, "don't think so."

"Hey, I can try though," we laughed, "drugs, I know I can't keep you away from those they're everywhere, but Brielle. She's too old for you. Brooke is a much better fit," we both looked over to Brooke who was entertaining Cali.

"Your just saying that, because you think she's a good influence."

"Yes, but I think you really like her. The way you look at her, it's love honey."

I shook my head, "I don't know what it is, but it can't be that."

She rolled her eyes, "trust me. You two are head over heels for each other."

I continue shaking my head wanting to change the subject, "you and Jerry?"

"No don't go there!" She laughs.

I raise my eyebrows, "okay okay, I see you!"

We burst out laughing.

"On a serious note though I got a call from the detectives."

I sat up, "What?"

She nods her head, "they have enough to put him behind bars hon-"

"No way! I didn't even want to go forward with the investigation."

"Well they processed the rape kit. His dna is all over it."

I shake my head, "it wasn't rape."

"Yes sweetheart it was. You were heavily under the influence no way to consenting-"

"Just stop. I don't want to talk about it."

This is a very very very very late update! Christmas and the new year has passed and I'm barley on thanksgiving! Ugh I'm trying to catch up!

Feed back?

Brooke and Grace?

Grace POV next?

Continue with the vaycay or move on? Back to school?

Parents reactions?