TROS pt 2

Okay, I just saw the movie and I am so full of mixed emotions I actually want to cry.

Overall, I thought the movie was really good. It tied up a lot of loose ends and gave us the satisfaction of knowing Rey's lineage. Personally I would have preferred she was just a "nobody" who rose from her troubled past and became the badass she is now but that's just me.

The strongest emotion I am feeling though is bitterness. I am literally so beyond bitter. Ben deserves so much more than what happened to him. He deserved to live a happy full life being the definition of someone who is redeemed. He could have been a symbol for the strength of hope and an overall icon for the resistance. But obviously not, right JJ?

I'm so pissed because of the way his death happened and the closure, that I as a hard core kylo/ben fan, didn't receive.

I was actually so heartbroken because Ben was SO distraught when he saw Rey was dead and you could tell he was absolutely destroyed. He looked away for a few seconds and decided he was going to LITERALLY die for Rey. All is well when they kiss right? Also no. I am so disappointed in the way Rey reacted to his death. She bent over and looked at him and you could see that she was more confused then anything but hops in her ship and takes off as if his sacrifice meant nothing.

We as fans didn't get closure for bens death. After everything, the entirety of 3 movies and the storyline he provided for the plot we didn't get anything. All I wanted was to see the happy force ghost of Ben smiling at Rey and her appreciating what he did for her. But no. I actually broke down in tears when I saw Luke and leia standing without Ben. I was so upset he didn't get to be with his family.

Mostly I'm upset because Adam Driver is so incredibly talented and he delivered an amazing performance and I just feel sad because his character should've gotten a way better send off due to all he did for the trilogy.

Idk if Adam cares but I do. :(

Sorry this basically just a rant but I've seen your comments and how upset you all were with bens death and I'm hoping you can all understand what I'm trying to say.

This has been my ted talk. Thanks for reading :)

Oh I'm also working on a rewrite at the moment 😗 I should be done in a couple days.