Chapter 13

Rey's POV
"Please get dressed. I'm taking you somewhere." Ben says, his voice rather sharp.

"Is it another one of your beautiful secret spots?" I ask teasingly.  

He doesn't laugh or even flash the slightest smile. Something doesn't feel right.

"No. We have to take the ship there."

He begins putting his coat on.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Nothing." He murmurs. I raise my eyebrows but continue to dress myself.

When I'm finished he walks out of the door. The walk there is completely silent. I try to sneak a few peeks up at him but because of the height difference, I can't see his expression. I start to feel sick. I don't know what's going on with him but I don't like it. Ever since this morning he's been so distant. Did we make a mistake last night?

He boards the ship quickly and I follow closely behind him. I look for the lightsaber and sigh in relief when I see it exactly where I left it. I also see Ben's helmet and to my horror he puts it on.

"Ben what are you-" he cuts me off.

"I'm going to contact Snoke. I'll need my mask on." He voice is now seemingly dark. I make sure to move to the side so that whom ever shows up on the screen won't see me.

Ben presses a button and a strange being shows up on a large screen that is off to the side. The figure is gray. It's eyes are a strangely frightening black. I feel my self move closer for the lightsaber, a habit I developed with my staff on Jakku.

"Supreme Leader Snoke," Ben booms. I look at him, swallowing roughly. His fists are closed tightly.

"Kylo," The being, Snoke, says. "How is your training progressing with the girl?" His voice is truly haunting. I see Ben shake with uncertainty.

"Very well. We will be back today." I bite my lip, confused with his words. Go back today? What happened to going to the resistance?

"Good, good. How is the impending issue we discussed?" Snoke gestures to the screen with his finger.

"It is no longer an issue." I look at Ben, feeling completely confused.

"Very well, then. I will expect you both soon." Snoke booms.

Ben nods and the screen goes black.

"What's going on?" I ask, frantically.

He looks back at me, the metal on his mask shines because of the ship's lights. He turns away and stares down at the ground.

"Ben," I say firmly. His fists close even tighter at my words.

"I have to finish something." He says, his voice obviously cracking.

"What?" I ask, shaking my head.

"I'll explain later." He says faintly.

"I don't like this. Something is wrong. Just tell me." I mumble.

"I'll fly us there." He murmurs. I furrow my eyebrows.

He sits in the cockpit. I sit by him unsure of what's going to happen. Everything I've felt that was wrong is crashing down on me. I've never been so confused. Why is he acting like this?

We lift off and I close my eyes and put my head back. You're overreacting, Rey. Maybe he just doesn't feel well. Everything is fine. You're fine. Ben's fine. I tell myself but I don't believe it- not one bit.
__________________________
(Song for this section: Moondust by Jaymes Young)