Chapter 17

Rey's POV
My heart stops beating when I read the test results.

Patient pregnant

"Thank you, but I must be going now." I mumble to the doctor. I'm in complete shock. This can't be happening. Not now.   

I stumble down the infirmary's halls trying to find Finn. My skin feels cold, as if all of the blood from my body was drawn out. I feel numb.

I open the door of the room I was in before and see Finn sitting in a chair at the far end. His head rests in his hands, and his leg shakes nervously.

"Finn," I cry out. He looks up at me. I  immediately burst into tears. He walks quickly over to me and holds me in his arms.

"I can't do this." I cry out in between breathes. He pulls me closer so that my head is on his chest. My hands shake as I wrap my arms around him.

This can't be happening. Not now.

How am I supposed to do this? How can I?
_

I sit in my room with my head in my hands. I have to tell Leia. There's no way I can't. This is her grandchild after all.

My stomach turns upside down. I'm going to tell her now. I have to talk to someone and Finn isn't necessarily willing to speak about the subject. He is so distant since he learned of the pregnancy. Even Poe is. I don't think they thought my relationship with Ben was so intimate.

I stand up and stumble to the door. My sore feet carry me down the hall. I see an unfamiliar person walking down the halls as well.

"Excuse me, do you know where General Organa is? It's important that I speak with her as soon as possible." I say smiling, though I really am not in the mood to do so. 

"She's in her quarters." The man smiles back.

"Thank you." I say.

I continue my way through the base until I reach Leia's room. My hand hesitates immensely before I knock.

The door soon opens to a very normal looking Leia. Her hair falls to her shoulders and she wears a simple shirt and pants.

"Can we talk?" I ask nervously.

"Of course, Rey. Have a seat." She says gesturing to a chair inside of the room.

I sit down slowly, my heart picking up the pace every second.

"I've been rather sick lately so I went to the medics to try and discover what's been going on." I say quietly. Leia nods quickly. Tears tug at my eyes. I don't know how Leia is going to react and I'm terrified.

"I'm pregnant." I blurt the words out, wanting to have the situation over with. Leia's face is completely blank. She is silent besides a quiet gasp. Her face shows happiness which soon changes to distress.

"Leia, I don't know what to do." I say, my head dropping into my hands. She squats down and hugs me. She doesn't say a word.

"Ben has the right to know but I have a feeling he doesn't care." I whisper.

"Don't say that. I know he would. I have a feeling the force has already told him." She mumbles.

"It was one time, Leia. What are the chances of becoming pregnant?"

"The force has mysterious ways." She sighs.

"How can I raise this child without their father? I know what it's like." I cry out.

"If Ben knows, he will come back."

"I really hope you're right."
-
After my conversation with Leia I couldn't stand it any longer to act as if things were normal. I had to go to my room and think.

I lay in my bed and cry so intensely I can't think. Suddenly, I realize there's one way I can possibly reach Ben. Our connection is so strong that I think I may be able to communicate with him through the force.

I sit up and compose myself in order to muster up all of the focus in order to make this work. If it even can.

"Ben. Please come back to me. I've never needed anyone in my life more than I need you right now." I shout out into my thoughts.

"You are Ben Solo. You have the strength to come home."

I hear only silence.

I begin to cry again. But suddenly, I feel a presence. There are no words to hear but I can feel him. A wave of relief rushes over my body. It's almost as if I can feel his head resting against mine.

"Ben." I call out again. I smile and shake my head, happy to know he's there.

But suddenly it feels as if he has been ripped away, or ripped himself away.

"Ben!"

No answer. No presence. No anything. He is gone as fast as he arrived.

Without a single word.
______________________________

:(((((((((((

Thank you for reading, lovelies! ❤️❤️❤️