Chapter 15

Rey's POV
I lay in bed trying to make the throbbing in my head stop. My eyes feel dry and irritated most likely from all the crying I have done in the past two days. I haven't eaten at all or even done much. I don't seem to have the motivation to do anything except lay in bed.  

Finn has come to my room at least a dozen times. I've stopped answering the door. I know he just wants to help but he's making it worse. I already feel weak and like a victim. Having him here just saturates it.

As I go to sit up, I see something black on the nightstand. My heart sinks as I realize it's the fabric I grabbed after the incident happened. I quickly snatch it. How it got here is way beyond me.

I lay in the bed with the cloth firmly in my grasp. It still smells like him. Suddenly, I feel tears coming back on but I refuse to let them out. I'm so sick of crying. It's about time I do do something about the situation. I need to talk to Leia.

_____
I sit at a table staring at Leia, who sits across from me. We don't speak. We just look at each other. Every look of sympathy she gives me makes me more angry. I don't feel like talking to her. I just want to go back to my room. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"Rey, I know this isn't easy. I will do anything I can to help. You just have to talk to me." She says, her voice wary.

"I don't know what to say." I mumble. My eyes dart to the floor.

"Start from the beginning." She says, sitting more deeply in her chair.

"Ben had taken me from the battle back to the First Orders escape ship. He wanted to train me but I persuaded him to come to the light." My jaw tightens uncomfortably.

"How did you do that?" She asks, half shocked.

"We fell in love." I say simply. Leia's eyes light up. Suddenly, I don't feel like speaking anymore.

"I almost saved him too." I murmur.

"Rey, none of this is your fault." She says laying her hand on mine.

"It is. There was so much more I could have done. He was always switching between wanting to come to the light and stay in complete darkness. Maybe if I have pressured him just a little bit more-" Leia squeezes my hand gently.

"Rey," She sighs. "This isn't your fault. I know how Ben is. I know what he's like. Nothing could stop him from sinking. He is made up of darkness and light. One was bound to win. It just happened to be darkness."

I close my eyes tightly, sending tears down my face.

"Leia, I love him. I don't want to but I do- more than anything else in the universe. He made me realize what it's like to be loved. He built me back up while I did the same for him. When I was on Jakku I dreamt of finding someone like him. I did and now- now he's gone." I cry out.

Leia moves over and hugs me.

"I know he's hurting just as much as you are." She places her hand of the back of my head. "You're not alone in this, I promise."

I hug her back and cry into her shoulder.

But this time the crying feels different. Like I'm finally able to let all of my anger, sadness, confusion, and loneliness pour out.

"He said he's sorry for everything he had done. He always talked about how much he wanted to come to you. There isn't a moment that goes by he doesn't think about Han." At the sudden mention of Han, the room seems to stiffen.

Leia doesn't say anything but I feel her beginning to cry with me.
______
Finn's POV
"Poe, I really don't know what to do anymore. " I sigh. I look up at one of his prized ships.

"Come on, Finn. You can't fix everything." Poe whispers while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"There has to be something I can do. "

"Rey fell for the man in the black dress. There is nothing you can do." Poe sneers.

"This isn't funny."

"I'm so sorry that I'm trying to make light of the situation." He rolls his eyes sarcastically.

"I really thought Rey and I had something. What does the bastard have that I don't?" I stand up and stare at Poe.

"Hm," He says rubbing his chin. "Long luscious black hair?"

"Poe, I'm being serious."

"Do you want my honest opinion?" I nod, scared of what he might say.

"I don't know. But what I do know you shouldn't be jealous and upset. You should be worried about Rey. Nothing else matters." He says turning to face me completely. I nod and stare down at the ground.

"I guess you're right," I sigh. But it feels so much deeper than that.

"I'm always right."
________________________________

thank you so much for reading and THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 2,000 READS!!!

The next chapter will have a huge appreciation note for you guys! ❤️