To See You Again

-Yoongi-

To say I was nervous would be quite an understatement, with hundreds of guests to yet arrive I could do nothing but stand there next to Hobi and my father.

"Chandeliers, Rise!"

I watched as all the candlelit chandeliers rise into the air, casting the room in a warm glow.

"Hey Yoon?" a soft whisper reached my ear and I turned to my dear friend.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think they'll come?" the nervousness in Hobi's voice had his friend turn toward him.

"I really hope so," he answered honestly, and together they watched as guests started to arrive.

-

-

The ball was as grand and glorious as one could imagine. With hundreds upon hundreds of candles lighting up the ballroom in such a comforting glow. The air all but vibrated in excitement as the crowd gathered and talked as others were being introduced. 

"Princess Kwon Eun Bi of Fujian." a pretty blonde princess in a soft green dress curtsied as she was introduced and was lead down the stairs.

"Princess Nayoung of the Seljuqs." A very young redhead curtsied and Yoongi felt himself groan on the inside. She was nothing but a child and they sent her to marry someone much older than her.

"Princess Jisoo of Zaragosa!" This princess was an exotic brunette in a dress that kind of looked like a craftsman chucked their entire stock of red glitter onto the fabric and called it a gown. It sparkled red and bright, nearly blinding Yoongi as he grimaced.

He kept his eyes open despite everything, and although he kept a cool facade, he desperately hoped he would see that girl again, and the brother that caught his best friend's heart.

Yoongi watched as two really handsome men walked up to the staircase, handing his announcer their invitation. The younger one, looked at him coyly, yet with a gentle smile that nearly drew him in. He was dressed finely, in a dark grey suit with an intricate design.

"Lord Kim and his son Jimin." Jimin, as he was now introduced, bowed and Yoongi found himself nodding back unconsciously.

"He's pretty," Hobi remarked and Yoongi nodded.

"Yes... but not the one I'm looking for." he hummed.

"Who are you looking for?" his father, the King asked from where he sat beside the standing Yoongi.

"Uh... No one."

The King rolled his eyes, "It's that girl in the forest, isn't it? That's why you were so generous with the invitations."

"Father, it was for the Kingdom and the people."

"I know you love the people, Yoon." his father pipped. "But I also know that your head's been turned. But you've only met her once, in the forest."