Chapter Eight

Zailey's P.O.V.

Monday.  A new day, a new week. On Friday, it's the Halloween Dance. The time where our whole class gets to sing, to please some random kids while they're dancing.

I pranced like a horse over to my closet and tried to pick out something to wear. I decided on a dark black pair of skinny jeans, a red crop t-shirt, and some white flats. Might seem fifties- ish, but these colors look really good together.

I headed for the bathroom and curled my hair while trying to drink some oragne juice. Which failed when I dropped the glass in the toilet... Better luck next time.

As I headed out the door, I decided that I should probably go get the mail. I ran out to the mail box, and headed back inside the house, shuffling through the mail. Nothing important in here!

The drive to school was pretty boring, like it always is. Normally, I'll have Todd take me, but he's been really busy lately, so I haven't seen much of him. I think it's because he was busy planning his wedding...

 "Hey Zailey!" Abby called to me from across the hall.

"Yo Abby!" I called back. "How was your weekend?"

"Shitty. I think it's stupid that we have different shifts at Jamba Juice now. We hardly see eachother anymore because of that. How was your weekend?"

"Crap also. McDonald's was horrible. I got put on the same shift as Tyler though.... Before he got fired for poor customer service..."

************************************************************

"Okay Zailey. The plan. Repeat it again." Abby lectured.

"After school, we head to the store, buy some soda, go to my house and get ready for the dance."

"Good. Let's do it."

***********************************************************

"Promise you're not making me look ugly or like a slut." I said to Abby.

"Trust me. You're gonna look fantastic. Besides, I trusted you when you did my make-up, and you made me look amazing. I'm just doing the same."

"Fine." For some reason, I wasn't really excited. But I think deep down I knew the real reason. It was because of Jake and Ty. It's too late to change everything that happened now, so I just need to move on     and face the real world, of pain and sorrow.

"Zailey, back to earth again."

I snapped back and realized that she was done with my make-up and hair. "Sorry. Just thinking again."

"Look, I know that this is something that you don't want to do, but you kind of have to. So for the night, just forget all your worries and have fun."

"I'll try. And thanks for the therapy, Dr. Abby."

"You shush you. I was just trying to help you."

"Well thanks. Now what else do we have left to do to get ready?"

"Ummm... Practicing to walk and dance in heels."

We slipped into our heels, and walked around the room, trying not to trip. I looked over at Abby and she smiled and waved, then fell to the ground with a scream.

"Note to self," She said. " Don't smile and wave in these heels."

We laughed as I helped her up. The doorbell rang, and we rushed down the stairs to go answer it. It was Tyler. 

"Hey Tyler!" Abby said. "Come in."

"Is Liam here yet?" Tyler asked. 

"No, we're gonna meet him there. Niall wanted Liam to drive him." I said.

"Then we should get going." Tyler said while taking Abby's hand and leading her to his car. I grabbed my phone and purse, locked the door, and skipped down the sidewalk to Tyler's car.

"Oh yeah!" Abby said. "We've gotta swing by Taylor O'Conners house real quick and give her a ride."

"And Kenadi Fullmer!" I shouted up to the driver.

*******************************************************

When we picked up Taylor, she was surprised to see Abby going with Tyler. She whispered to me and asked what the freak she was doing. All I could do was shrug.

When Kenadi hopped into the car, I got squished into the middle. I didn't really think about this, but we should've taken my van instead of a slugbug. 

Let's just say, Kenadi's dress was stunning. Whoever she was going with should be proud that he gets to dance with that girl. Her dress was black and it had a purple ribbon running along the waist, with a cute little bow tie on it. Cute, and totally awesome.

Now Taylor's dress, was blue with some sparkles on the front, creating a really cool design on the front.It really brought out her beautiful sea blue eyes and her long curled blonde hair. The dress probably cost a bunch, but hey, she does come from one of the richest families here. Most of the time you couldn't tell that she was rich, because she was just so nice to everybody. A lot of the rich girls here, are bitches. But not her, and I think that's why we're friends..

When we arrived at the dance, our stomach's hurt so much from laughing on the way here. Abby went backstage to go makeout with Tyler or something, so me, Taylor, and Kenadi went to go find Liam. Sadly, Kenadi's date cancelled last minute because his grandma had a stroke, and Talyor, well she was just to awesome to say yes to all the lovehungry assholes out there. I'm proud of her for that.

"Zailey!" Liam called as he walked up and hugged me. "When did you get here?"

"Just barely. How was driving Niall?"

"The kid was so lonely he didn't wanna get out of the car when we got here."

"Haha. I think he's delusional."

Zayn and Harry walked up randomly, so I decided to introduce them to Taylor and Kenadi.

"Zayn and Harry, this is Taylor O' Conner, also known as Tay Tay," I said while motioning my hands to her. "And this is Kenadi Fullmer, who I like to call Kenni, but beware, she might bite if you call her that. I learned that the hard way."

It was kinda weird, but I totally think that Zayn and Kenadi are gonna hook up one day. Same with Harry and Taylor. But hey, you never know. Last time I used my match making skills.... Well that's not important. Nevermind. Gosh.

"You wanna dance before we gotta go sing?" Liam asked.

"Hell yes. Let's do this shit. See ya later people!" I called to my friends.

I walked to the center of the crowd with Liam, right as Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran started to play. 

"You're a good dancer." Liam commented.

"Thanks. I used to take ballroom."

"Why'd you stop?"

"I got shunned from the building when I called some chick the son of satan."

 He laughed and said"And how old were you?" 

"Seven." 

There was a silence, but not an uncomforatable silence. Is it weird that I just wanted Liam to kiss me? Maybe it was just because of this song. I mean, this song is all about falling in love. Am I falling in love?

I looked up at Liam as he smiled down at me. He had a cute smile. Really. It was cute. God, this song seriously does stuff to people because shit started going down.

Liam lowered his head down, and our lips pressed lightly together. We pulled away, just as our teacher Ms. Claire went on stage to announce that we had to go backstage to get ready to sing. Am I ready? I'm ready as I'll ever be. 

I looked at Liam and smiled, took his hand and led him to the backstage. Tonight's the night, that I'm gonna do some shit, in front of celebrities. Hell yeah!