Chapter Twenty-Three

Niall's P.O.V.

Louis' and Zailey's wedding was tomorrow. I have to admit, I was damn excited. I mean one of my best mates getting married. He's all grown up now. Just a couple years ago he was some weird kid sitting on the staircase and now he's a man getting married. Time flies by when you're having fun.

I turned on the TV and started to watch Vampire Diaries. I know, I know, I guess I'm gay for watching it and enjoying it, but it's on TV.

Zailey's P.O.V.

So many thoughts were rushing through my head. I know this sounds crazy, but I have to go see and make sure that I'm not still in love with him. I walked down the hall and into his room, to find him surprised that I was there, in his room, wanting to talk to him.

“What's up?” He asked.

“I just needed to do something.”

“And what's that exactly?” He asked getting up and walking over to me. That might have been a mistake on his part.

“This.” I leaned in and kissed him, filling the space between us. I quickly pulled away, knowing full well that I shouldn't of done that. But I just had to see.

“What did you do that for?” He asked.

“I just had to know.”

“Know what?”

“That I was completely over you.” I backed out of his room and shut the door behind me. I went downstairs and into the kitchen to get some mountain dew. But instead of opening the fridge, I just stood in front of the fridge, trying to overcome what I was feeling.

Niall's P.O.V.

“You alright Zailey?” I asked the person just standing there in front of the fridge. Dude, I need to get some food.

She looked over at me. “Sorry,” she said and backed away from the fridge. “A lot on my mind today.”

“I can only imagine.” I said grabbing myself some yogurt out of the fridge. I walked over to the drawer and grabbed out a fork. Liam banned spoons from the house, so a fork was the only option I had. “If you need anybody to talk to, I'm here. Remember that,” I said as I walked back into the living room. I sat down on the couch and un-paused Vampire Diaries. Then I felt guilt for leaving Zailey all alone in the kitchen.

I got up and walked back into the kitchen. “Actually,” I started, “I wanna know what's up with you.” I took a seat at the table and Zailey came and sat across from me.

“I don't know where to start.” She said.

“Just start from this morning.”

“Okay. So I woke up with morning and I started thinking about the fact that I'm getting married to my ex-boyfriends band mate tomorrow, and that my ex-boyfriend is not doing so well mentally, and I'm over here all happy. So I feel guilt for leaving him for his band mate, and then getting married to his band mate a few months later, and then leaving both of us to wonder what happened to us. And then I went and did something.”

“What did you do? Did you kill somebody?” I asked.

She laughed lightheartedly and then continued saying, “No. I did something worse in a sense.”

“And what's that?” A voice came from behind me.

Me and Zailey both looked to see Zayn standing in the doorway.

“When did you get here?” I asked.

“About when Zailey started her guilt trip story.”

“Oh,” Zailey said. “Then come sit down. It's only gonna take like thirty seconds more to finish the story.”