Chapter Fourteen : Suffering

I wanted to start off the year with a new chapter in one of my favorite books i've written, and trust me lol, There are a lot of unpublished books. This last year has brought me back to what I enjoy doing, reading and writing. The support and love I have received the last year has been overwhelming and unreal. I thank every single one of you for giving me the time and support. I pray that your year is filled with prosperity, joy and growth :) <3

Song of the Chapter : Finally Feel Good - James Arthur

"Wow Miella, you look tired." Todd says to me while bringing me into a hug as I walk into his place. "Wow, just what any girl loves to hear." The couch was the first spot I gravitated towards, I haven't getting much sleep at my apartment so it may be different here.

He sits down next to me and I quickly place my head on his shoulder, "I'm sorry. But you do look exceptionally tired." The way his other arm wraps around my stomach.

"I haven't been getting much sleep."

I was vague. There wasn't much that I knew I could say without feeling like I had to tell the whole truth. Because I didn't want him to know, I didn't want anyone to.

"Why?"

"I've just been stressed, not being able to spend time with my family especially during the holidays." With Christmas approaching a few weeks away, its been one of the very first times I have been away from them. So it wasn't a total lie.

"You work enough to go visit them back home. You do know that right?"

Bills in LA were no joke. I constantly worry if it was the best decision coming here because of how crazy expensive everything is. Saving up money was pointless because its always being used to pay for something.

"Yes because a job that pays $10 an hour with a rent that's $3500 without groceries and utilities, can surely be enough for an $800 plus round trip ticket. Jason just moved in and hasn't really had a reason to ask me to clean either."

It made me sad to realize how much I was genuinely struggling. Without the held of cleaning Jason's house, I wouldn't be able to give Christmas presents to anyone. Todd's face immediately falls as he hears me go on about my money problems.

If there was one person I would confide in about my financial issues, it would be Todd. Which is why I find myself more at ease when he's at home. As much as I love David, Todd was one of the first people I have met here and despite our rough beginnings, I trust him.

"You know you could always as..."

I immediately cut him off, "No. I already felt uncomfortable taking money from David." He has yet to find out that I had been secretly giving him back the money when I would clean his house.

Todd doesn't say anything more but turns on the tv to drown out the silence. Luckily for me the background noises helped my fall back into sleep, as I try catch up on what I missed. My head would bounce up and down from Todd laughing at the show playing which was all I could remember after completely dozing off.

"Miella?" I hear my name being called as my head is buried between my pillow and bed. The blankets were tightly wrapped around my body as I attempt to comfort myself. The voice, who I presumed to be Donovan, got louder as my door quietly creaks open. "Mia, I know you're here."

There was no point in trying to make myself feel warm despite the chills that seemed to constantly run through my body. "I came by as soon as I heard the news." He quietly shuts the door, as I feel my bed deflate as he lays next to me. Rather then saying anything more, Donovan devours me into his embrace.