Chapter Seven : Apologies

i've been in pain bc i recently got my all four of wisdom teeth extracted. if you have any suggestions for this story, let me know! i already have an idea of how it's gonna go but a few ideas are never a bad thing. hope you enjoy this chapter :) also, i made it so that my playlist will be updated with each new chapter.

♫ Boyfriend - Ariana Grande & Social House ♫

When I walk into David's house, the only few people that were there was Jeff, Jason, Natalie, Reggie and another guy who I don't think I have ever met before. "There she is!" David says as my socks slowly glide across the floor.

"Man I have not missed you at all." Jeff rolls his eyes while I sit next to David on his white couch. "You most definitely missed irritating me." I wink, while blowing him a kiss. His cheeks immediately grow red and he stares down on his lap.

"Miella, this is Ilya. He's an old friend from back home. He's here for the weekend." Ilya smiles while nodding at me, "Nice to finally meet you."

Finally? I question to myself. I've never heard anyone mention him specifically but I brush it off and pay attention to him. "It's nice to meet you too." He was staring at me a little different, his head tilted like I was something worth studying. He almost looked, intrigued.

I look over to Jeff who sat there, playing with his hands. It was weird to see him so quiet because normally he would spend this time bickering with me. I haven't seen him in what felt like forever but it hasn't been more than a week and a half.

"I still can't get over how good you look." Natalie says, as everyone diverts their attention to me, something that I was still trying to grow used to. "There's nothing in this world that can help Ellie." Jeff smirks, winking at me. There was no way that Jeff was talking about me a few weeks ago.

"See, I knew you missed me." I say to him before putting my head on David's shoulder. He lays his head on top of mine, pulling out his phone and going onto instagram. We both smile for a picture and he posts it to what they told me is their story. After a few minutes of small talk, I walk over to the garage to get some water. The door immediately shuts behind me, and when I try to get back inside the door doesn't open.

I mildly start to panic and look for my phone that doesn't happen to be on me. I loudly knock on the door and after five minutes, nothing comes out of it. I was stuck in the cold empty garage.

Moments pass and the door swings open and Jeff walks through. Before he could say anything he trots towards me, "Don't let the door..." I exclaim, while the door shuts behind him. "Close behind you." I mutter before sitting back down on the cold concrete.

Jeff walks back up to the door, repeating the same thing I did not even 5 minutes ago. The best course of action is to just wait around. "Jeff stop, it's not gonna work. They'll come around eventually."

He placed his fingers on the temple of his forehead, "No Ellie, they left. They went to get food and I don't know when they're coming back."

"What, you didn't bring your phone either?"I ask him. He shakes his head no while sitting down on the other side of the garage. "You really think they're just gonna leave us here alone?"

"God, stop asking questions Ellie. I offered to drive separately with you since there would be no space."

How can he be so rude yet so nice in one sentence alone. The silence heavily fell between us and I couldn't help but try to mask the fact that I was cold by bringing my knees to my chest. When I stare up at Jeff, his head is against the wall, obviously miserable that he's stuck here with me.

"You cold?" He asks, New York accent seeping through his words while he eyes me up and down. I shake my head no as I watch him walk over and sit a few inches next to me. Jeff is hesitant at first before he pulls me to his side and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

There was this immediate burst of energy as his skin pressed against mine and I almost pull back in shock. "What are you doing?" I ask him as I turn to look at him. Our faces were inches apart and his soft, brown eyes travel from my eyes to my lips. He was staring at me in a way I haven't seen him look at me before. His orbs almost dilate as they try to focus on every detail in my face.

He immediately looks away, "Just shut up, i'm keeping you warm so you won't complain about being cold." To think that for once he could ever be attracted to me. "Jeff, can I ask you something?" He doesn't say anything so I assume his silence is a way to let me know that it was like he had no choice but to answer. "Why do you hate me so much?"

My eyes trail over to him, attention solely focused on the cold, concrete floor. His grasp around me loosens a little and facial features remain unchanged. A smoldering look was plastered on his face, almost like he was concentrating on something.

"I don't hate you Miella."

It was so weird hearing him say my real name. I've grown so accustomed to being called Ellie that it didn't feel real.

"It's childish and stupid. I always acted this way towards you because you remind me of my ex." His gaze remains away from me but his grip tightens slowly, as if he didn't want me to notice. "But why be so rude to me all the time? Surely, I stopped reminding you of your ex once you got to be around me more." I was trying to make sense of this situation. How could someone treat me a specific way just because I reminded them of someone from their past. We're obviously not the same person.

He remains quiet, taking a deep breathe. "No. It's even the things you do that remind me of her. I'm so cold towards you because I feel like once I let my guard down, I'll fall for you and just get hurt again."

As much as I feel for Jeff, it doesn't give him in an excuse to be the way he is. But I know it's hard sometimes. I can't get mad at him.

Jeff finally turns to face me, once again being only a few inches apart that any sudden movement would cause our lips to collide. "I'm sorry Miella. I'm prideful at times and I can be naive in terms of realizing how my actions may hurt people." His eyes shift around, searching for a reaction from me. Something about being like this with him felt so natural. His arms now closely wrapped above my waist and his hand effortlessly sitting on my knees. Despite the close proximity, I hid fairly well how anxious I felt. My fast beating heart, cheeks that were getting warmer and warmer.

"I accept your apology." I mutter under my breathe as he looks down on my lips. My heart couldn't take it. The sound of the door opening causes me to jump, pushing myself to the ground but pulling him on top of me. Jeff laughs as I hold onto his neck with his grip still tight against my waist. "Wow, didn't realize I was interrupting."

Jeff immediately sits up and David looks between the two of us, expressionless. "No, he was attacking me." I smile, before we both get up from the floor. "But it was about time you came."

"We were looking everywhere for you two. We thought you got kidnapped." David says, looking me up and down then at Jeff. He stiffly stood there as I begin to walk towards him. My brows furrow together, tilting my head.

"C'mon, we're all just gonna go in my car. I'm hungry. Hurry." He quickly takes my hand and I turn my head back at Jeff who's smiling at me as he shakes his head and slowly trailing behind us. He playfully winks at me, before I turn my head in embarrassment, knowing that I could get used to this version of Jeff.

***

1448 words