Chapter 24

Yunlan finished work and left for home.
He looked at the bus stop remembering that night when he first met Wei.

Now he knew what had been missing in his life, now that Wei was with him he felt like he was finally complete, like this love was what he always needed.

He wondered if he should call a taxi, but then he remembered once again that although they were together Wei had to work at night, so there was still nobody waiting for him at home.

He sat on the bench waiting for the bus, there was still no reason to hurry home, he knew the place would be empty.

He relived in his mind how charmed he had been the first time he saw Wei. He had been scared the first time they had sex, but also excited. That night had been wild, and many more had followed.
He longed to feel again Wei's desire. Lately they only had time for stolen kisses. As passionate as they were, it wasn't enough for him.

He sighed, he really was greedy. He already had so much, how could he not be satisfied? He loved Wei and he finally had him, but no matter how many times Wei said that he could talk freely and that he loved him, Yunlan couldn't avoid feeling like he had to be careful, the idea of losing him again was unthinkable.

Wei had agreed to live with him, but all that talking about rent had upset him. He didn't want Wei to think that living with him was like living with Chu. They weren't just friends, with or without benefits. They were a couple now.

But Wei had insisted. Yunlan pondered on their conversation, had he made a mistake? Had he hurt Wei's pride?
What if Wei left him again? The simple thought was unbearable. No, he would have to be more careful not to upset him, 'just let him pay rent if he wants to', he told himself, if it will make him feel better then so be it, everything to make him happy so that he won't leave.

He got out the bus and walked home, without hurry, wondering what he might order tonight. Nothing was as good as Wei's food, but he'll have to make do.

He opened the door and a familiar smell of delicious food met his nostrils. He smiled, the place smelled better since Wei had moved in with him and had started eating there every time he was home.

A strange sensation alerted him, the smell was too much, like something was cooking right now.
He moved towards the kitchen and thought he was dreaming. Maybe he was losing his mind and had started hallucinating?

Wei was there, cooking and giving him a beaming smile. "Welcome home Yunlan. Dinner is almost ready."

Yunlan moved closer, looking around. He couldn't speak for fear of waking up from that wonderful dream. Wei pushed him out of the kitchen.
"Go take off your jacket, it's time to eat, you came home just in time, didn't you call a taxi?"

"I waited for the bus," he murmured, going to take off his jacket as he was told. He joined Wei at the table and they started eating.
"It's delicious," he complimented him.

"You always say that." Wei smiled and put more vegetables in his bowl.

"Well, it's true."
Wei looked happily at him, he found himself enjoying taking care of Yunlan much more than he ever anticipated. From now on he wouldn't need take-outs anymore, Wei would make sure that he eats something good and healthy every day.

By the time they finished eating, Yunlan couldn't restrain himself from asking, "Why aren't you at work? Did something happen?"

Wei recollected his thoughts and spoke from the heart.
"I'm sorry about the other day, about arguing over the rent."

"I understand, and we can share it if you want..."

"No, it's okay, I thought about it and if I don't need to pay half of the house expenses, then there's really no need for me to take on two jobs, so I quit. I'll keep working at the company, but I quit my night job so you won't have to order delivery anymore, I'll take care of the food."

Yunlan didn't move while he assimilated what had been said to him.
Getting no reply Wei wondered if he had been clear on what he wanted to say, so he added, "I already quit. I'll be home every night when you get back from work. Is... is this alright?"

He started to worry, maybe he should have asked him first? Make the decision together as a couple? He still had a lot to learn, but Yunlan simply murmured, "I love you."

Wei smiled and came closer and wrapped him in his arms. Yunlan buried his face in his hair as much as he could whispering in his ear, " Is this true? I'll get to see you every night? Eat with you and hold you like this?"

"Every single night until you get tired of me," Wei said holding him close.

"That will never happen," Yunlan said and moved his head to kiss him.

They kissed tenderly, with their eyes closed, then Wei took his hand and lead him to their bedroom.

It was strange how small things could change so much. Now that they lived together everything felt different to Shen Wei. He was in their bedroom now, this was home and the thought kept amazing him, overwhelm him with such warmth that he never thought he'd feel again.

He had wanted to surprise Yunlan, he hadn't told him that he planned to quit his job because he wished to see his happy face when he found out, and his reaction had been much more than he could ever imagine, much more than he deserved.

He had expected Yunlan to be glad that he had finally decided to accept something from him, but that joy in his voice at the prospect of seeing Wei every night... Wei made a vow to himself that he would try his best to make it work between them, learning to love Yunlan day after day and make him happy.

The clothes were quickly discharged, so that they could feel each other's skin.
They layed on the bed expressing their mutual love with kisses and gentle touches. Yunlan was underneath him; he broke the kiss and whispered, "Stay with me forever," and Wei kissed him again to seal their promise.

They hugged each other, both whispering sweet words and promises, caressing each other's hair and face for a long time, losing themselves in the other's and their own love, and even later when they made love they kept looking into each other's eyes, seeing in the other the same deep feeling of affection that they were feeling inside, the same love that words didn't seem enough to express, a love so deep that this time nothing would be able to break it. Not even themselves.

 Not even themselves