Chapter Nineteen: Dying Walrus on Chalkboard

Magsimula sa umpisa

ANASTASIA'S OUTFIT IN THE IMAGE ABOVE 

Once everyone was ready to leave the mansion and get to either school or daycare, we quickly left the house and got into our predesignated cars. I drove with the twins to school with Disney songs blasting on repeat, all three of us screaming the lyrics to our favorite songs the entire way to daycare.

After leaving the twins at daycare, I made my way to the school building where I knew my friends would all be waiting for me.

And looking at the congested traffic in front of me, I knew that today would be a complicated day. It was going to be one of those days, where something would happen. I don't know what could happen, but something was. 

<><><><>

After meeting up with Luke, Wyatt, Max, Layla, Kayla, and Jamie in the school parking lot, we made our way to our lockers, each of us waiting for the others as we all got the books we'd need for our classes.

After a long fifteen minutes of meaningless fun conversations and grabbing what we needed out of our personal lockers, we were on our way to the first class of the day, world history, Matthew's class.

Matthew on the other hand still wasn't back to work, and in return there was still a substitute teacher in his place. Matthew had gotten released from the psych ward yesterday after spending nearly a week working on himself. He still stayed at the facility though. 

He was also mandated to have therapy three times a week and couldn't return to work until his therapist cleared him. As long as all goes well, Matthew should be back to work full-time by the end of next week.

Eventually we got to the correct classroom with two minutes to spare. My friends and I all took our seats, with me sighing heavily as my body came into contact with the hard chair below me. I had been on my feet all morning and my body was aching.

As I looked around the classroom, my eyes locked on an unfamiliar figure, the substitute teacher. I looked behind him, and seen his name written in big bold lettering on the whiteboard: Mr. Hall.

Mr. Hall was an older male, probably in his mid-sixty's, and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here right now.

"Good morning class." Mr. Hall spoke, "I'm Mr. Hall, and I'll be your substitute teacher until your regular teacher comes back. He's currently on a break, but should be back by next week or the week after. Now we have a lot to go over and not a lot of time to do it, so turn to page two-hundred-eighty-seven in your textbooks, and we'll begin."

<><><><>

Time Skip- Lunch

I had just finished grabbing my lunch from my locker, after making a phone call to the babysitter. I had called to see how Dylan and Courtney were doing. They were currently having a nap after they had finished eating their lunch about half an hour ago.