36. Unexpected Calls

Sam woke me up early this morning, telling me to get dressed immediately

Sam woke me up early this morning, telling me to get dressed immediately. She did say to wear a bikini under my clothes, so I'm guessing we're going for an early swim? I have no clue what she has up her sleeve, but I got dressed quickly.

By the time I finished my morning routine, we were on the road heading a few miles east of the beach house. The weather had just started warming up as we packed in Dylan's lime-green Jeep. My long hair attacked my face as he sped down the extended highway. The music blasted loudly, and of course, Sam had control of the aux cord.

"Riley, this is your part! Go." She glanced at me quickly before my part of the song came on.

Not caring how I sounded, I sang, "Hey, baby, we can dance slowly. My darlin', I'll be all you need. So, put it all on me."

Sam immediately cut in to finish the rest of the chorus. Yes, the boys looked at us like we were crazy, but we usually sing at the top of our lungs. "I try to be strong, well, I got demons. So, can I lean on you?"

The entire time, Joey smiled at me like I was singing to him. Even though I sounded terrible, he still had a cheesy grin on his face.

Dylan added, "Put ya worries on me."

Both Sam and I cheered as he added to the song. I can't believe we had so much energy this early. We finally pulled into an empty lot near another beach I've yet to see. I automatically smiled because I loved seeing the boats cruising on top of the calm waters. After grabbing our bags, I followed Samantha to the wooden boardwalk near a line of ships.

"No?" My jaw dropped.

Joey nodded. "Yeah."

I jumped up and down at the thought of riding a catamaran. Again, I've been on a boat when I was a kid, but not since I've been old enough to enjoy it fully. The tide slowly picked up within seconds of us standing there. I noticed three other vessels already floating along the water. Since we were early and the temperature hadn't fully warmed up, the wind got obnoxious. I wasn't going to let it ruin my very first time on a boat.

Not to mention, it was beautiful. Their boat was first in the docked ships' line, and it had their last name boldly written in black cursive writing. My eyes glanced at Joey's perfect brown hair gone with the wind. He flexed his arms as he placed a hand over his head to control his flying hair. I laughed at his failed attempt, and he smiled back at me.

The craft was long, with a beige-colored tent covering the inside. The top was a gated deck with benches aligning around the sides. There was a staircase below, which I'm guessing led to a lower bedroom or something. God, with the boat and the clear blue water, my eyes lit up. I snapped a few pictures to send to my mom as we carefully boarded the catamaran.

Dylan pushed his hair into a messy bun, sat in the control seat, and started the motor. He messed with some of the features before flashing an excited smile. I set my bag down and rested my hand on the bar to glance at the calm waters beneath us. Light splashes misted my face as a grin creased on my face.