22. Marriage & Skateboards

I walked back to my room in a daze

I walked back to my room in a daze. I did not want to go to this masquerade ball. The main reason being my parents were going to be there. The handful of times I saw them, it never ended well. They treated me like a stray dog they couldn't get rid of most of the time. It's been that way since I was young. I'm sick and fucking tired of it. And now they're treating Sam like shit because of her relationship with Cameron.

As I stepped into my room, the events from last night played through my head—just as they had been all morning. When I walked into the kitchen last night and saw Riley standing there, barely dressed, I could hardly keep myself in check. I wanted her—more than I've ever wanted anyone else. I tried to bury the feelings and walked straight past her without saying a word.

When she asked me why I was acting that way, all sense of reason and control went out of the window. There was something in her tone that broke me. Before I knew what I was doing, I was kissing the shit out of her. And, Christ, the way she responded to me. She grabbed at me with the same amount of hunger I had for her. When I sat her on the counter and she wrapped her legs around my waist . . . I almost lost it, right then and there. Her moan of need, followed by her rubbing her body against my hard length, was something I would never forget.

Then I felt it. She was soaking wet for me, and I could have spent the entire night just touching her—tasting her. And I wanted more. More of her. If Sam and Cam hadn't been at the door, I would have fucked her right there on the kitchen counter.

Sam. Seeing my sister walk in the door was like cold water being poured over me. Before I met Riley, Sam made me promise that I wouldn't pursue her. She loved Riley and didn't want me to use her for sex or treat her like another conquest. At first, I had no intention of going down this road with Riley, and I don't know exactly what it was I wanted from her.

I had no intention of breaking my promise to Sam . . . mainly because of what happened with Ashley.

But when I saw her that first time, something was different. I saw her differently than I did every other girl I've ever been with. There was something about her . . . I tried resisting her, just like that night when she was crying in her room. I thought I could keep my emotions in check with her. Then she started seeing that douchebag, Chris.

What did she see in that guy anyway? Apparently, not much. She didn't look at him the way she looked at me. I've also never experienced jealousy like I did when I saw him kiss her. Come to think about it; I've never been jealous before her. When I thought about what happened between us last night, I came to a scary realization. I didn't want Chris or anyone else touching her body. I wanted my name to be the only one she screamed when she came.

Fuck, I thought. I was already hard for her again just thinking about it. I pulled out my cell phone to send her a text.

Me: I can still taste you.

I smiled after I pressed the send button. I could see her reading the text right now. I could picture the red in her cheeks and her tugging on her lip. That's the one quirk she does that drives me crazy every time I see it.