Christmas(ish) Oneshot•Jaden Hossler•With Your Family

Summary: Morgan's family kicked her out on Christmas Day, which was her 18th birthday. Jaden invites her over, but they aren't very accepting.

For Jaden's family, it'll just be his parents. I don't know if he actually has siblings or not.

Morgan POV
   "Happy birthday!" Jaden calls over the phone. "Merry Christmas!"
   "Thanks. You, too. How's your family doing?"
   "Oh, they're pretty good. Mom is making dinner right now, and Dad is just drinking his coffee." What's your family doing?" Jaden asks. I hear a door closing behind him, and I assume he has stepped outside.
   "Oh, I don't know." I push back and forth on the swing in the old park.
   "Are you not home right now?" he asks.
   "No. I'm at the park. What are you doing?"
   "We finished opening presents, so I stepped outside to call you. Why are you at the park? It's cold out," Jaden tells me. "I don't want you getting sick."
   "I'll be fine. I was about to call my Aunt Abby when you called me."
  "Oh, okay. Well, when you do call her, wish her a merry Christmas for me," he says with a relieved sigh.
   "I will. So, did you open my present?" I ask with a smile. I hear him laughing.
   "I did. Thanks for the hair stuff. Did you open mine?"
   "Yeah. I'm wearing it right now." I tug at the sleeve of my yellow sweater. "It's really nice."
   "I thought it would look good on you. Are you wearing a coat, too?" Jaden asks, and I sigh.
   "Yes."
   "Good. How long have you been outside?"
   "A few hours," I say.
   "A few hours?" he screams. "Sorry, that was loud."
   "Yeah."
   "Why have you been outside for that long?" he asks at a quieter tone.
   "My parents wanted me out of the house," I say quietly. "That's why I was going to call Abby."
   "What do you mean they wanted you out of the house? I don't get it. It's Christmas. And your birthday," he says.
   "Jaden, they kicked me out. I'm eighteen now. They don't have to keep me." I sigh, pushing at the swing again.
   "They kicked you out? Why?" he asks.
   "I've been expecting it for a while. They think I can support myself and that they shouldn't have to help me anymore. I was just trying to avoid it for as long as possible."
   "But you're their kid!"
   "I know. I'll get an apartment on my own soon, maybe with Madison since I know she's been wanting to move out here. Until then, I'll see if Abby will let me stay with her," I tell him. "I can still finish school while I live with her, and then I can move closer to LA."
   "They actually did it? They actually kicked you out?" Jaden asks after a few minutes.
   "Yes."
   "Oh my gosh," he mumbles. "Hey, wait there. You can stay over here until your aunt gets here, at least."
   "Jaden, I'm not barging in on your family on Christmas."
   "You're my girlfriend. You can at least stay for a few hours. Please?" he asks.
   I sigh. "Sure."
   "Alright. I'll come get you. Do you have bags?"
   "Just a backpack and a duffel," I tell him.
   "Okay, stay there. I'm coming."
   "Alright. Thanks, Jaden."
   "Anytime, Mor."
   After Jaden hangs up the phone, I call my aunt. She doesn't pick up, so I just shoot her a text asking if she could pick me up.
   A few minutes later, Jaden jogs over from the sidewalk. I leave my bags and walk over to him, immediately getting wrapped in one of his big hugs.
   "Are you okay?" he asks, rubbing down my hair.
   "Yeah. It'll be fine." I look up and smile at him.
   "Okay. Let's head back, then." I swing my backpack over my shoulder, and he picks up my duffel before grabbing my hand.
   "I love you, Jaden," I whisper to him.
   "I love you, too, Mor," he replies. We get to his house after a few minutes and walk in through the front door.
   "Jaden, where were you? I thought you went out back," his mom calls from the kitchen, then walks out and looks at us both from the hallway.
   "Hi." I smile at her, but she seems to ignore me. We just stand there, holding hands by the door while she stares at us.
   "So you brought someone over?" she asks Jaden finally. She crosses her arms over her chest and sighs.
   "Well, she's my girlfriend. Mor was just going to wait here for a little bit until her aunt can pick her up," Jaden says quietly, moving over so that he is standing partly in front of me.
   "No," his mom says.
   "No?" Jaden asks. "Why not?"
   "I don't like her." She turns and addresses me. "You're going to have to leave."
   "Oh, okay." I look up at Jaden, but he's just glaring at his mom. "Jaden, can I have my bag back?"
   "Why can't she stay?" he yells at her.
   "I told you, I don't like her," she huffs.
   "No!" Jaden yells at her. "I don't care if you don't like her! She can just wait here!"
   "Jaden, it's fine. I'll go," I whisper, trying to get my bag out of his hand. He grips the handle hard and doesn't let go.
   "Ridiculous," he mutters under his breath. "She shouldn't have to leave just because you don't like her. You're being ridiculous!" he screams again.
   "Well, you can leave with her, then, if you have such an issue with it." His mom crosses her arms over her chest, sniffing.
   "Fine." He turns to me. "Do you mind coming upstairs with me for a few minutes?"
   "Sure." He grabs my hand tighter and pulls me past his mom. We go up the stairs and into his room.
   "Ridiculous," I hear him mutter again as he pulls a suitcase out from under his bed.
   "Jaden," I say. He doesn't turn to face me. "Jaden!"
   "What, baby?" Jaden turns to face me from where he was digging through his closet, and I see tears starting to pour down his face. I shake my head and motion him towards me. He sighs and walks over, standing against me as I hug him and rub his back.
   "It'll be okay, Jaden. You don't have to leave just because your mom doesn't like me," I tell him.
   "Yeah, I do. If she doesn't like you now, she won't like you in the future. I'm not risking losing you because my mom doesn't like you. That's ridiculous. She has no reason to not let you stay." He groans and pushes his head against my neck. "I just really love you. I'm always worried about losing you."
   "You won't lose me if you stay here, Jaden." I wrap my arms around his neck.
   "But she wouldn't let you come over," he huffs. "Let's get an apartment together. Out in LA. It's not too far, so we can go look soon."
   "Alright, we can do that. Let's get you packed up." I smile as he starts to leave kisses up my neck and then finally kisses my lips.
   "Yeah, let's do that," he mumbles with a smile. We start to get his stuff packed up.
   When my aunt gets here, we grab our bags and run down the stairs and out the door. We laugh when we get outside and toss our bags into her car. She hops out of the front seat and hugs Jaden.
   "Hi, Abby," he says.
   "Hey, kid. Are you coming, too?"
   "If you don't mind."
   "You know I don't." She ruffles his hair, which causes him to laugh, before moving over to me. "There's my niece."