Griffin Johnson•Oneshot•What?

(A/N my chest hurts right now because I cant stop thinking about how much I am in love with griffin yet he doesn't know I exist)

Summary: Layne is friends with all the TikTok boys, being pretty popular on the app and recently added to the Lights Out tour. She also started dating Griffin a few months ago. She likes everyone to think she is doing okay, but really, she's been struggling.

Layne POV
"All you guys have to do is lift up your shirts and show off your abs to get followers!" They all laugh at what I say because it's mostly true. Anthony starts to act offended.
"You don't think," Anthony begins, lifting his shirt and gesturing to his abs, "that these are worth followers?"
"Stop hitting on my girl," Griffin says. Then he takes his shirt off, too. "My abs look better than yours, anyway."
This begins an "argument" among the guys in the room about who has better abs. They all end up taking their shirts off and throwing them onto the floor, yelling at each other and laughing. I can't stop laughing at them.
"You guys are idiots, honestly," I tell them.
"Oh yeah? Show us your abs then!" Josh says.
"I don't have abs! My stomach is too skinny to have abs." I laugh again.
"You have to have something." Jaden gestures with his hands before putting them on his hips. "We're waiting." They are laughing at this whole conversation.
"I'm telling you, my stomach is disgusting." I yank off my shirt and gesture to my stomach. "Nothing. I told you, I'm too skinny for that."
"Your ribs are poking out! How are you that skinny?" Josh asks, pointing while leaning over in laughter.
"That looks anorexic!" Chase H. shrieks between his laughter from where he was talking to the other guys.
"Well yeah," I say, laughing quietly. This conversation is so stupid.
"Wait, are you anorexic?" Anthony asks, joining the conversation again.
"Yeah." I start laughing again, but they stop. I put my shirt back on.
"What?" Griffin asks lowly. The five of us look over and see him looking pretty upset. He crossed his arms across his chest and asks again, "What?"
"Nothin'." I smile at him and poke his leg with my foot.
"You're anorexic?" he asks quietly, almost like a growl. His face scares me, and I sit up more.
"Uhm, we'll leave you guys alone," Jaden says. They all hurry away and back over to the other guys.
"It's nothing, really," I say, looking down at my hands and playing with the hems of my long sleeved shirt.
"Hallway," Griffin says sternly, pulling me up and leading me out the door. He slides his shirt back on as we go. He lets the door close quietly behind us. I lean on the wall next to the door and stare at the wall across from us while Griffin looks at me from the side.
"It doesn't matter, baby," I whisper to him, playing with my shirt sleeves. "I know your mad. I'm sorry I didn't tell you."
"Don't be sorry," he whispers, then pulls me into a big hug. I start crying into his chest, ashamed. He must think I'm disgusting. He rubs my back in circles.
"Babe, I'm not mad. I just don't understand why you didn't feel comfortable telling me. I thought we were telling each other what has been going on with, well, everything." He kisses the side of my head.
"I figured you'd think I was disgusting," I whisper to him. "I didn't want to tell you everything because I didn't want you to leave me when you figured out what goes through my mind every day." I'm shaking in his embrace. He keeps rubbing my back, trying to calm me.
"I don't think your disgusting. No, babe, I'd never think you were disgusting. And I want to know what you think. I want to know if you're happy so I can laugh with you, or if you're sad, I want to be able to help you. I want to know. Tell me. Will you tell me? Please, babe?" Griffin is crying into my hair now.
"Promise you won't leave me? I need you to promise me you won't leave." I pull away from the hug enough to look at him. "Promise," I whisper.
"I promise, baby. I promise." His face is wet with tears when he kisses me. He kisses all over my face, my neck, my lips. He hasn't stopped crying. "I promise."
"Do you want to go back to our room?" I whisper in his ear when he buries his head in my neck. He nods quickly and stands up. I wipe his tears with my hands and kiss his jaw. "Let's go." I take his hand in mine and lead him back to our room, letting us in. We sit on the bed, him against the headboard and me against his chest and between his legs.
"Why did you ask me that, Layne? To promise not to leave you. What do you think you telling me would make me want to leave you?" Griffin wraps his arms around my waist and holds me tight against him.
"Because the last person I told became abusive."