Preference•He Catches You Trying to Commit Suicide Part 2 (Payton)

I literally had no ideas for this. Sorry it's so bad y'all. But hey, I'm going to try to do something that's no sad soon sooo yeah?

Payton
   "Thanks, Payton," I whisper as he hands me off to some nurse. I see him smiling with tears in his eyes as I'm pushed away to a room.

   I wake up in the evening. I look around, blinking.
   "Hey, babe," Payton whispers. I look over and see him sitting in a chair, tears rolling down his face.
   "Baby, why are you crying? Where are we?" I ask.
   "We're in the hospital." He swallows and looks away. "You had, um, tried to kill yourself."
   I remember it, now. "Oh, yeah. Sorry."
   Payton grabs my hand gently, holding it with his. "Don't be sorry, babe. Hey, I called your dad, but he didn't answer. I don't know if he knows yet, but he hasn't showed up. Some of the boys are here; they're out in the hall waiting."
   "Yeah, he probably won't come." I give him a sad smile, and he gives me a confused look. "He hasn't been in a great mood lately. Who's-Who's out in the hall?"
   He sighs. "Do you want to talk about this later?"
   I nod. "Yeah."
   "Okay." He stands up and walks to the door. "She's up."
   "Hey!" Noen says with a big smile as he walks in followed by Jaden and Anthony.
   "Hey guys! When'd you get here?" I give Noen a hug.
   "About half an hour ago," Jaden says, sitting in the window seat next to Anthony.
   "Hospitals are...sad," Anthony says, looking around.
"I take offense to that," Griffin says, walking in the room.
"Sorry?"
"Idiot," Griffin sighs. "How you feeling, kid?"
"Fine." I smile. "But I do agree, this room is sad."
We keep talking for a while longer until they have to leave and go back to their hotel.
"How are you doing?" Payton asks, sitting on the edge of my bed. I sit up next to him.
"I'm fine."
"Babe, what's been going on while I've been gone?" he asks, sliding his hand into mine, rubbing my wrist. I sigh, looking down at my arms covered in bandages.
   "Just...living with my dad has gotten rough. I've been trying really hard to just forget about it, wait till I'm 18 to move out, but it just got too hard." I look over at him. "I was really trying."
   "What's been going on with him?"
   I lean my head against his shoulder. "He's just not a good person anymore. Not like he was when my mom was still here."
   "Has something been going on for...a while?" Payton asks. I nod. "What's been happening?"
"He's drunk a lot, to start with. He brings home drunk friends more and more often."
"What do they do?" He looks down at me and rubs my back.
"I-I-" I begin, then shake my head.
"Baby?" he asks softly, lifting my chin. "What's been happening?"
"I can't make them stop. They won't stop," I gasp. I'm sobbing now. Payton pulls me against his chest, holding me while I cry. "Babe, babe, you gotta calm down. Your thing is beeping really quick. The nurses are coming."
"I'm sorry, babe. I'm sorry." I shake my head and look up at his nervous face. "They just wouldn't stop."
"What wouldn't they stop?" he asks.
"Hey. What's going on in here?" a nurse asks as he enters the room quickly. He comes over and sits in one of the chairs.
"We've just been talking about some things," Payton says.
"Okay. Can I ask what things you were talking about?"
"My dad," I whisper, then cover my face with my hands, still crying.
"Hey, do you think we could have a few minutes alone?" the nurse asks Payton. He nods and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.
"Let's talk."
The nurse, Jaime, I learn, pulls out his phone and records us. He asks me questions about my dad. I tell him everything, wanting to get this over with. About how my dad gets drunk with friends and beats me, touches me. I show him scars and bruises on my legs and stomach. It takes a while to tell him everything.
   Payton stays with me that night in the hospital. The next day, I get put on medication for anxiety and depression. They say they'll have to keep me for a week for mental stuff.
A week later
   When I'm finally released from the hospital, Payton's there to drive me to his place. I'm 18 now, so I'll be staying with him until I get an apartment.
   "You ready to go home, baby?" he asks.
   "Yeah," I say with a smile. We get in his vehicle and I sleep all the way to his place.
   "Hey, babe, we're here. Let's go inside," Payton whispers. He's standing at my door.
   "Yeah." I unbuckle and he helps me out of the vehicle, grabbing my hand and starting to pull me inside. "Don't I need to get my bags?"
   "We can get those later." He smiles back at me and opens the door. "We're home now, aren't we?"