Chapter Sixteen

AN: Hello everyone and welcome to Chapter Sixteen of Inflexible! Things are going to get a bit steamy and there is a mature content warning for half of this chapter. I will give you guys a heads up as it gets closer. Hope you all enjoy! Now onward and forward to Chapter Sixteen!

 Hope you all enjoy! Now onward and forward to Chapter Sixteen!

"Can you please pass me the salt?" I asked Arrow.

Calix, Nemesis, Ryder, and Soren had left to track Eris and Enyo earlier, and they hadn't come back yet, so Arrow and I had the lake house to ourselves and currently we were sitting down and eating dinner.

Arrow handed me the salt.

"Want to watch a movie after?" he asked.

"Sure," I replied.

Arrow washed the dishes while I picked out a movie. I slid the disc in just as Arrow entered and set a bowl popcorn down on the table. He then proceeded to sit on the couch with his back against one of the armrests. He was taking up the entire couch.

"Where am I supposed to sit?" I asked playfully.

Arrow gave me a playful smile before sitting up and placing his hands on my hips. He picked me up and laid me on top of him. My head was on his chest, legs over his hips, his arms around me holding me to him.

"How's that?" Arrow asked, taking a finger to my chin and lifting my head so that my eyes met his. I gave him a small smile.

I tried to watch the movie, but I couldn't focus on it. It was like my body was agitated. Maybe it was because I was so close to Arrow, but I couldn't be sure. I was probably just trying to get comfortable.

Arrow looked at me a few times, confusion on his face. The last time he looked at me, his eyes were dark. He inhaled sharply as he watched me search his face. And then he sat up, lifted me off of him, and scooted away from me. He rubbed his temples, trying to get a grip.

"What is it?" I asked, concerned for him. 

He sighed before turning to look at me. His eyes were still somewhat dark, just not as predatory.

"You have no idea what you do to me," he told me. Pain filled his eyes and he looked away from me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I moved closer to him, sitting beside him and leaning into his shoulder. I felt a need to be closer to him.

He scooped me up and placed me in his lap.

"Don't worry about it. It's not important," he assured me as he kissed my temple.

I pulled away from him, holding his face in my hands.

"You're not allowed to do that," I told him, "You can't hide things from me."

His eyes returned to their usual dark blue.

"Clary, you're my soulmate," he said simply, "the other half of my whole. Your body reacts to being so close to mine. Your scent changes and your body temperature heats up. It drives me crazy. It's why I can't seem to keep my hands off you every time we're alone together."