Chapter Thirteen

*Clarissa*

Arrow cursed under his breath.

"Eris was here," Calix said as he used his powers to feel the auras in the room, "Enyo too."

"And neither of them could turn people to stone the last time I checked," Nemesis stated, "So what did this?"

"I don't know," Arrow stated.

"It does explain the numerous ghosts I saw outside," I reasoned. And that's when it really hit me. Whatever Eris and Enyo did, it had killed these people. These men, women, and children were dead because of two vengeful Goddesses. It wasn't right. It wasn't fair.

"Maybe Apollo will be able to shed some light on this," Soren stated.

"Maybe," Arrow replied, "Let's go back to the lake house. We need to talk to Apollo."

We all piled into the cars and returned to the lake house.

We reached the lake house just as the sun was setting and immediately went out to the deck at the back of the house

We sat down and waited for Apollo to appear.

We waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Until finally, there was a flash of light and Apollo appeared in front of us, holding his lyre.

"Good evening," he greeted us.

"Hello Apollo," Arrow replied.

"What can I do for you?" Apollo asked.

"You can start by telling us about what we found in the city today," Arrow told the God of the Sun, "Everyone in a local coffee shop was a statue. They had all been turned to stone somehow. Care to explain, Apollo?"

Apollo sighed.

"A couple of days ago, someone broke into the armoury of Olympus," Apollo told us.

"What?" Ryder asked, "How is that possible? Olympus' armoury is supposed to be completely secure. Only the highest ranked among the Gods can access it."

"I know," Apollo replied, "Someone managed to slip past Hephaestus' security system."

"Was anything taken?" Arrow asked. Apollo sighed. "What's missing from the armoury, Apollo?" Arrow asked.

"The Shield of Perseus," Apollo replied.

"The mirrored shield that Perseus used to kill Medusa?" I asked.

Apollo smiled at me.

"You know your myths, Clarissa," Apollo told me, "Yes, the shield I'm referring to is the very same."