Chapter Twenty

"Does every member of the pantheon have a hidden Temple?" I asked.

"Most do," Arrow replied, "I know all of the Olympians do. With the minor Gods and Goddesses, some do and some don't."

"What about my Mom?" I asked.

"Hades and Persephone have a shared Temple and their children are honoured there as well. I'll take you there if you want," Arrow told me.

"I'd like that," I told him.

"We can go after we're done here," he told me.

"Sounds good," I agreed.

Arrow nodded and turned his attention to Athena's statue.

"Patron Goddess of Athens, Goddess of Widsom, Battle Strategy, and Handicraft, I beseech you to show yourself and honour us with your presence," Arrow called out. The statue began to glow and to my utter shock the stone began to fall away, revealing a beautiful woman with dark brown hair and brown eyes. Her golden helmet gleamed on her head. Her owl hooted on her shoulder. The sword in her hand shone dangerously.

"Atropos and Clarissa," Athena greeted us, "What brings you to my Temple?"

"We need your help Athena," Arrow told her.

"With Eris and Enyo?" she asked.

"Yes," Arrow replied, "They've been using the Shield of Perseus to turn people to stone."

Athena sighed.

"Is there a way to reverse the effects of the shield?" I asked.

"Not as far as I've seen, but one of the other Gods may have some ideas," Athena told us.

"Anyone specific?" Arrow asked.

"Hecate and Hephaestus," Athena replied.

"Hecate I understand, but Hephaestus?" I asked, "Isn't the shield a magical object? What kind of help is the God of Forge and Fire going to be."

"Don't let his title fool you," Athena told us, "Hephaestus is knowledgeable about the inner workings of magical objects. If anyone can figure out a way to reverse the effects of the Shield of Perseus, it would be Hephaestus and Hecate."

"Thank you, Athena," Arrow told her.

"Don't thank me yet," Athena told us, "Hecate is difficult. She won't answer the prayers of just anyone."

"Hecate's mentioned in the prophecy of the Fated Four," Arrow noted, "Would she answer the prayers of her own daughter?"

"It's possible," Athena replied, "But you'll need to find the daughter of Hecate first."

Arrow nodded.

"You have a long journey ahead if you want to defeat Eris," the Goddess told us, "Good luck." She smiled at us before returning to her statue form.

"The daughter of Hecate," Arrow mused.

"We'll find her, Arrow," I told him.

"I know, but I wonder if she'll be as accepting of all this as you were," Arrow told me.

"I'm sure she'll be just fine," I replied.

"I hope you're right," he told me, "Now let's go. I believe I promised to show you Hades and Persephone's shared Temple."

I smiled and followed him out of the inner sanctum Athena's Temple.