After The Benefits End - Part 27

Start from the beginning

“Tell me then.” I ask, my eyes pleading with her

She glanced up and Luke who nods and her and she takes my hand and we sit down on the sofa.

“Something bad has happened hasn’t it,…is she okay? What’s happened? Why won’t she tell me?” I ask

“You know when Liv woke up in the hospital?...” she began

“Yea, when I went to get some food and then when I came back Luke was stood outside her room.”

“Yea then, well...the nurse wanted to speak to her.”

She took hold of my hands and held them tight. “Evie you’re scaring me, what’s happened.”

She took in a deep breath, before looking at me, her green eyes identical to Liv’s were now glistening with tears. “Liv well…she was pregnant. But when Liv fell down the stairs...she lost it…her baby...your baby.”

I sat there in shock...hang on a second...Liv was pregnant? No she would have told me...right?

“Wait what? No you’re lying. Liv wasn’t pregnant...she would have told me. she would have told me if she was pregnant.”

Evie now had tears falling down her cheeks, “She never knew she was pregnant Dan. She found out she was pregnant when the nurse told her that she had lost it”

“No no no no no this....this can’t be happening.” I mumble

“I’m so sorry Dan.” Evie cried pulling me into a hug.

“Liv’s lost our baby?” I whisper and I feel her head nod before I pull away.

“Why didn’t she tell me?” I ask, tears now falling down my cheeks.

“She didn’t want to hurt you Dan. You’d already lost one child.”

“What?”

“Yours and Amy’s?”

“Oh right yea...God…I can’t believe she’s been going through this on her own.”

“She’s not talking about it. Not even to me…she’s just bottling it all up.”

“So when Amy pushed her down the stairs, that’s when she lost it?” I ask and they both nod.

“So the blood the paramedics saw was her miscarriage?” I whisper and Evie nodded again.

“This all happened because of Amy’s lie?” I say

“I’m going to kill her.” I snarl standing up and head for the front door but to be held back by Luke.

“Let me go Luke.” I shout

“Dan it’s not worth it. It’s not going to help you or Liv right now. You need to be there for her.”

I fall to the floor in tears as Evie pulls me into her for a hug.

“I need to speak to her.” I whisper 

“We’ll be up in my room if you need us man. You need each other right now. Be patient.”

“Thanks Luke.” I reply standing up and heading towards the stairs. I slowly walked up before pausing at her bedroom door.

***

*Liv’s POV*

I walked back into my bedroom and turned down my music. I grabbed my snug blanket and pillow from my bed and went and sat on my window sill watching the world go by as the gentle voice of Christina Aguilera filled my room. I picked up my teddy bear monkey. Me and Evie got them when we were born. Both were meant to be pink, mine still was whereas Evie’s was slightly yellow from where she had left it on her window sill and the sun had bleached it. It’s the first present my dad bought us when we were born. I gently stroked my finger over Pinky’s head, as my head leant against the window letting the tears fall down my face. It’s times like these I wish my mum was still here, she would know what to say and help me through this.