Modern AOTxReader (Christmas Special)

Start from the beginning

I was left dumbfounded as Levi stared back at me with a stoic look. 

The door opened again to Mikasa handing me some winter clothes and my bag. 

"Don't forget these, we'll see you later Y/n." Mikasa pinched my cheeks while slightly smiling at me. 

She glared over at Levi. 

"Don't you do anything to her."

"You're acting like I'm going to kidnap her."

"You seem the type. Now have fun." she closed the door. 

I just stood there trying to contemplate how fast everything just went. 

"*Sigh* I don't have time for this." Levi made his way back to his car while I continued to stand at the same spot. 

He noticed me not moving and looked back at me. 

"Well, are you coming or not?"

That was enough to snap me back to reality and hurriedly put my coat on as I followed Levi to his car. 

*Time Skip*

We arrived at the mall in town and I never been so scared. This place was so full and many people were shuffling out and about around the area. 

Levi held my hand as he guided me through the crowded place. I was scared, yet intrigued. It's been a while since I've been at a public place. Besides school and field trips. 

The whole place was decorated with Christmas lights and a giant Christmas tree in the middle of it all. Very festive in my opinion. 

As we passed by small shops, I noticed one thing that caught my eye in my particular shop. 

It was a shiny necklace with lovely patterns of jewels aligned on it. Although I'm not all about jewelry, this one somehow stuck to me. 

This was the same necklace my grandpa got for my grandma one Christmas. 

She wore it ever since and it looked lovely on her. 

Her necklace was lost in the car crash, which is why it was never given to me.

Levi noticed me stopping and looked towards my direction. 

"You're interested in that? I thought you hated jewelry."

He noticed me staring at it with sad eyes, which confused me a bit. 

"Come on, we should get going."

We continued to walk around and I had fun. We sightsee through shops, mostly cleaning supply shops, went to the arcade to play the crane games. Levi earned me a fluffy Christmas bunny out of it. 

We were having so much fun, I didn't even know it was nighttime. 

Levi took me out of the mall and somewhere close by. 

"Close your eyes for a sec.," he said. 

I did as I was told and I felt him took my hand again. We walked for quite a while until we stopped. 

"Now open them."

I opened my eyes and looked up. There was a massive Christmas tree above us. I stared in awe. 

"My mom used to take me here all the time when I was young. Every time before my birthday."

My eyes widened. His birthday!? That means....he was born on Christmas!?

"Shitty as it sounds, but I always came here. Even after she died." he looked towards me with a serious look. 

"Don't you tell anyone about this."