After The Benefits End - Part 26

Start from the beginning

I walked round to the other side of her bed and got on top of the quilt. I wanted so much to pull her into me, but right now I was just going to go at her pace. Do what she wanted; if this was the beginning of her trusting me again I wasn’t going to rush anything.

“I don’t like this.” I heard her slur

“What you on about ?”

“You’re...never mind.” She replied

I got off the bed and I heard her let out a deep sigh. I slipped off my bottoms and pulled my top over my head before getting under the quilt.

Without saying anything to her, I pulled her towards me, wrapping my arms around her waist. Her head automatically resting on my chest, whilst her arm wrapped around my body. 

“Thank you.” She whispered making me smile stupidly to myself. I ran my fingers down her back, gently stroking her hip till we fell asleep. It was only about eight o’clock but I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. If this moment was a dream, I never want to wake up.

Over the space of the next hour Liv was sick a few more times. Each time I rubbed her back and passed her the glass of water. 

I watched as she curled back under the quilt, obviously regretting the amount of alcohol she had drunk. I picked up her glass and walked towards the door, she looked at me as if to say why aren't you getting into bed? 

"Just getting you some more water ." I smiled at her and she nodded closing her eyes. 

I opened her door making my way down stairs.

"How she doing?" Luke asked not moving his eyes from the TV, Corri was on. Have to admit I did love a bit of Corri, as did Luke, that Michelle Keegan was well hot. 

"She's been sick a couple of times but she's okay." I reply walking into the kitchen

"Err Dan...why you in your boxers?" Evie asked me

I smiled before looking at them both, "She asked me to stay with her tonight."

"Oh fair enough." Luke smiled at me, knowing how much this meant to me

"What did she say?" Evie asked warily

"She said she loved me and asked me to stay with her."

"Is that all she said?"

"Yea...why?" I enquire

"No reason." She replied biting down on the end of her hair that she'd placed between her lips

"What Evie?" 

"Nothing." She replied chucking her hair over her shoulder

"Something’s up. You’re doing the same thing Liv does when you’re keeping something from me."

"Am not." 

" you are, the only time you chew your hair is when you don't want to tell me something. You just did that now."

"Na, I don't have anything to say." She replied turning around and sitting down on the sofa.

"You would tell me if something was wrong, right?" I ask Evie, "If something was mentioned at the hospital."

"Of course." She mumbled before un-pausing the sky box letting Corri carry on.

 I glanced at Luke who shrugged his shoulders at me before I made my way back up to her room.

I placed the glass beside her before climbing under the quilt. As soon as my head hit the pillow I felt Liv turn over. I watched her eyes open and focus on me. She smiled slightly before closing her eyes again, yawning and placing her hand on my stomach. I felt her draw invisible patterns on me, spelling out a few words. I smiled as it reminded me of the day we came back from Glastonbury.