15. Nicholas Flamel

follow in my
footsteps
shoe by shoe

ϟ

Holiday had come to an end and and term had resumed. Perry and Harry hadn't tried to find the Mirror of Erised after it was moved to a new location, and Perry was quite happy about it. She didn't want to see that girl. That replica of her. She looked exactly like her, but she had the blessing of knowing the answers.

Harry had been busy with quidditch, and Perry had been busy getting ahead of schoolwork and discovering who Nicholas Flamel is. Currently she sat in the library with Cedric, attempting to figure out who Nicholas Flamel is.

"Seph, I really don't understand,"Cedric whispered.

"I can't explain— I— I'm gonna get another book," she said standing up.

Cedric smiled and ran a hand through his hair as he went back to reading the book. Perry hadn't told him why she needed to learn all she could about Nicholas Flamel. She only told him that it was really important to her and she needed his help.

Perry ran towards the front of the library to start checking at the beginning for any books that could help her search. As she searched she heard a random outburst of laughing from outside the library doors.

Perry was too curious for her own good. She took her hands off of the books in front of her and stepped outside. What she saw didn't surprise her in the slightest.

"Neville!" she shrieked before running to his aid.

Malfoy and his goons doubled over as they watched Neville roll over to Perry. Perry helped pick him off the ground and held Neville up by holding onto his shoulders. Malfoy and his goons couldn't contain their laughter as they walked down the hallway away from the subject of their jinx.

"Oh, Neville," Perry said concerned. "How did this happen?"

"Wrong place at the wrong time," Neville sighed. "Any chance you know the countercurse?"

"Of course," she said standing back and raising her wand. Neville's leg sprang apart as soon as she muttered the countercurse.

"Dear, Merlin, thank you, Perry."

"No problem, Neville," she said. "You have to try and stand up to them. To Malfoy and those two knuckleheads."

"I-I just can't," he stuttered. "I'm not brave enough to be a Gryffindor. Malfoy's already told me that enough."

"Neville," Perry said giving him a big hug. "You're worth twenty of Malfoy."

She pulled away from Neville and offered him a smile that he returned.

"Thank you, Perry," he said. "Here, take this. You collect them right? Or maybe Harry? Sometimes I get you two a bit confused. But you can give this-"

"Thank you, Neville," Perry said. If she hadn't cut him off he would have never stopped stammering. Neville nodded, turned, and ran down the hallway.

"Bye, Perry," he called back.

"Bye, Neville," she said waving goodbye.

Another Dumbledore, she thought to herself. She walked back into the library reading the card. She stopped dead in her track when her eyes hit a familiar name.

Her eyes widened and a big smile crept across her face. She bolted down the library isles to where Cedric was sitting.

Cedric knitted his eyebrows together in confusion as he watched her frantically pull one of the books from the pile. The book was towards the bottom and when she pulled it out two books fell. Cedric caught them easily.