➳ San

• • •

Request | soft_sannieI hope it's okay and you enjoy it <3 Thank you for being patient :)

I hope it's okay and you enjoy it <3
Thank you for being patient :)

• • •

You woke up with a gasp. You had an unpleasant dream that reminded you a lot of a horror movie you and your roommate, San, had watched prior, which at the time you didn't find scary at all. Your dream? the complete opposite.

After fully waking up, the feeling of uneasiness that you had felt in your dream remained. You felt unsafe and paranoid about something, but couldn't decide what it was you were feeling that about. From that point, you found it difficult to get back to sleep peacefully.

You remained awake for a long time, spending a few minutes with your eyes shut and then a few with them open, wearily looking around your room. It was past 4.A.M, and the fact that you were still awake bothered you.

You pondered whether you should get up and go seek comfort from San, or whether you should suck it up and just go back to sleep. However, you decided at that rate, there was no way you were getting back to sleep.

Standing up with a huff, you grabbed a small blanket and threw it around your shoulders as you left your room in a hurry. You made your way to San's room, practically running through the dark that didn't ease you at all.

The darkness didn't help you in the slightest and only made your paranoia worsen. Fortunately, you arrived at San's door rather quickly. You took a quick glance at the pitch black hallway, shivering a little before turning back to the door.

Lightly tugging on the blanket around your shoulders, you raised your hand and knocked lightly on the wood. It was barely audible, yet was what you had intended. You then lightly turned the doorknob, slowly opening the door in hopes it wouldn't creak.

It took a few seconds for your eyes to adjust, but once they did, you looked over at the bed, where San was unsurprisingly sleeping. His hair was dishevelled, his mouth was slightly ajar, and the blanket only reached his waist. He looked to be in a comfortable sleep.

You debated whether to go back to your room again because he looked settled and extremely warm and cosy, so much you didn't want to disturb his slumber. Though, before you could decide, you felt a cold draught, which was enough to make you step into his room without a second thought.

Sighing quietly, you looked over at San again. "San," you whispered, and were shocked when he woke up almost instantly. He looked around the room for a moment, not completely processing what was happening. Although it was dark, you could see he was confused when making eye contact.

He sat up a little when his eyes met yours, and immediately knew something was wrong. It wasn't often you visited him at odd hours in the morning. Knowing something was off, he opened his arms for you, "come here, tell me what's wrong."

Closing the door, you made you way over to the bed. "Thanks to the movie you chose, I feel uneasy and paranoid about everything. I had a dream and now I can't sleep."

Once you were within his reach, he outstretched his arm and grabbed your hand, pulling you down onto the bed as he moved over. You slipped under the covers, silently screaming in joy at how warm the spot was and how safe it felt.

After settling a little, he looked at you with a small pout. "I'm sorry, I didn't know it'd scare you. But you're okay." He smiled at you. "Stay here for the night and I'll look after you," he half teased.

You nodded with a smile, pulling the blanket closer to you. Following, San mumbled a quiet 'goodnight' and closed his eyes. You repeated, taking one last glance at him before turning around and closing your eyes.

Despite being in the presence of San, you didn't feel completely comfortable and were still paranoid of something unknown. Yet, to your luck, San had moved over and wrapped an arm around your waist, resting his head against your back.

You gently smiled and relaxed, feeling a lot better. After a short amount of time, your eyes grew heavy and you were finally able to sleep without a single worry.

• • •