➳ San

• • •

• • •

When you first met San, you had expected him to be a quiet and reserved person who was very shy and wasn't very talkative. As time went on however, you had realised he really wasn't. In fact, he was the complete opposite. He was loud, silly, outgoing and it just took time to get to know him, really.

Although not dating, you loved him with your whole entire heart. He was your best friend and honestly speaking, you didn't know what you'd do without him. He was your sunshine and your whole world, without him, there wouldn't be anything positive in life. There wouldn't be anything to look forward to. Without him, you wouldn't be who you are.

Whenever you were upset, San would always be there for you. If you wanted a hug, a hug you'd get. If you wanted to be left alone, then you'd be left alone. If you wanted someone to vent to, San would be there. Even if you simply wanted someone's presence around you, San was your person.

Of course, San wasn't the only one in your little friendship. You were always there for him whenever he needed it and he felt the same way about you. You were his whole world, his best friend. The only difference in your friendship was that San, deep down, had feelings for you.

To say he was nervous and scared of telling you was an understatement. He was worried you wouldn't feel the same way or you'd freak out and ditch him. He knew you weren't like that yet was still concerned beyond explaining. He did intend on telling you but was working up the courage and waiting for the right moment.

You were undecided about your feelings towards San. Sure, you loved him with your entire heart but you, too, were also concerned about what would happen with your friendship. You never really thought about a relationship between you and San, yet would sometimes admire him and take in his beauty or admire his soft personality.

But surely as time went on, you did start developing more and more feelings towards him.

Oh, how San wished to have the confidence to approach you and state his feelings there and then without a care in the world. If only. No, he didn't have the confidence to do that but he feared he may explode and blurt everything out at the wrong moment, ruining everything between you for good.

He wanted to take you out today and confess, wanting to get it over and done with. He'd rather feel the shame and sadness sooner rather than later. He was a nervous wreck and wanted to stay in by himself, yet knew he would have to do it eventually, eventually being today.

Sanshine: let's go out somewhere.

You picked your phone up, smiling at the contact name that appeared on screen.

Sanshine: the park at two?

Me: Sure! See you :)

San checked his phone and instantly put it back down, rushing to his room to change clothes. Although hundreds and thousands of nerves were running through his body, he was ecstatic to be able to meet you and finally confess.

He wasn't sure how he was going to tell you. Maybe he'd just meet up with you and see where it goes. That sounded best to him, ease his way into, beat around the bush a little but not too much and confess. That's all he had to do.

It wasn't the confessing part that disturbed him, it was more of what would happen after. What would happen to your friendship. What would happen with your relationship together and what you'd react like. They were the thoughts that bothered him.

|||||

"Hey, (y/n)," San greeted with a smile. You stood up from sitting on a bench, returning the sweet smile San sent you. Rather than a usual smile, San gave more of a nervous one. You were curious why, yet left it alone. If that smile sat on his face for more than an hour, something was definitely wrong but for now, you let it be.

"You wanna take a walk?" he asked, his head tilting to the direction of the path. You nodded and began walking slowly, both of you in a comfortable silence.

Once again, millions of thoughts ran through San's mind, barely any of them positive and friendly. You were right next to him, your shoulders lightly brushing against his once every few minutes. It was unintentional, yet drove San crazy. It was only making him more nervous.

You walked together for about half an hour, small conversations being made every few seconds between you. By now, you definitely knew something was wrong with San. Maybe not wrong, but something was surely bothering him. Just as you were about to ask what was wrong, he stopped in his tracks.

"Can I tell you something, (y/n)?" he asked softly, not locking eyes with you. His eyes were anywhere but yours. You gave him a confused look but nodded slowly.

San knew there was no going back. It was now or never and to him, now felt the perfect time. It was a quiet area, secluded and memorable. It just seemed nice for a confession in his opinion. His fingers pushed against the palm of his hands nervously, readying his short confession.

"I really like you," he blurted out quickly, taking the soft skin of his lips between his teeth. You were stunned. Your best friend had just confessed to you and you were not expecting it at all. You knew something was bothering him yet didn't think it would be this.

Your panicked and shocked form soon disappeared, a soft smile forming on your lips. San still didn't look at you, him only looking to his right a little. You approached him slowly, his eyes finally looking at yours. They held a look of relief and softness. A comforting look.

Without hesitation, you cupped his warm cheeks and lay a small kiss on his lips. It was now San's turn to be stunned. He was having a small celebration deep down and he felt his heart was about to explode out of his chest. He was overwhelmed with what had happened yet was left with a feeling of euphoria as your lips left his.

"I really like you, too."