➳ Yeosang

• • •

• • •

Warning;
This chapter briefly mentions insecurities and self-hate and similar topics. Please do not read if you aren't comfortable with any topics related to this.

(Request) - @THlRDEYE
Hope it's okay and what you wanted!

• • •

Everybody could openly admit they had flaws. That was a part of a person and everybody had them; nobody was perfect. Some people chose to acknowledge them and others chose not to. Acknowledging them and focusing on them however was a bad idea. It would make a person feel imperfect, not good enough or disappointed with themselves.

You hated your flaws and not a day would pass by where you would ignore them. Almost every time you woke up, you would check yourself in the mirror, wanting to get rid of every imperfection on your body.

You soon came to realise everybody had imperfections and you were no different. You began accepting yourself, ignoring those little flaws you used to make the biggest deal about and carrying on with your day.

As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. Although you were happy with your life, the little things about yourself soon started catching your eye again, making you dislike yourself more.

There was only one person you desperately wanted to talk to about it, that one person being your best friend, Hongjoong. He was great at advice and always knew how to cheer you up.

As expected, he understood you and helped you all he could. After explaining you were feeling down and beginning to dislike yourself, he sat down with you, telling you nobody was perfect and nobody cared about what you looked like.

There was another person you felt deserved to know, and that was Yeosang. You'd been dating for a few months and he had helped you through a lot and he deserved to know what was going on more than anyone.

You knocked on the door, waiting nervously for an answer. Fortunately, Yeosang answered and you instantly pushed past him, dragging him to his room so nobody else could hear your little mental breakdown.

You were so nervous about telling him, scared of how he would react to it. You eased your way into it, being careful of your words and working up the courage to tell him you were unhappy with yourself. Once the words had left your mouth, Yeosang stood silently, shocked and upset.

He knew you had experienced issues with yourself in the past and he thought you were past that, yet when he heard you say it was all coming back on you, he felt disappointed and upset. He didn't want you to hate yourself. He didn't understand why; he thought you were perfect. He was upset for you but the first thought that came over him was why he didn't know first.

"Why didn't you come to me first? Why Hongjoong hyung?" he asked, his expression softening with disappointment.

He was happy you had told somebody about it yet he had wished he was the first to know. He knew he was sounding selfish but he truly believed he could help you most.

"Does it matter whether you found out first or not? I still told you," you frowned, a hint of harshness in your voice as you spoke.

Yes, you were slightly annoyed that he was more focused on whether he knew first or not. You would expect he'd help you, comfort you when you weren't feeling the greatest.

"I thought you trusted me enough to come to me first if something is wrong." His tone had gone from disappointment to an average tone, seemingly not too concerned about issue itself but rather himself.

"I do trust you, I've still chosen to tell you. Would you rather me not tell you at all?" you scoffed.

Yeosang didn't respond, he instead ran his hands through his hair frustratedly. "Yes, I'd rather you tell me first," he said, emphasising the word 'first'.

"You're being selfish, it doesn't matter whether you were told first or not. I expected you to help me not get like this," you replied, your voice raising in the slightest.

You were beginning to get aggravated by his behaviour, wanting nothing more than his help and support. You didn't understand why he was being selfish about it. Your eyes began watering slightly from both sadness and disappointment.

Yeosang sighed upon seeing a tear fall, knowing he had been selfish and careless when you needed support off him. He walked closer to you, cupping your cheeks and wiping the tears away.

"I'm sorry. But why didn't you tell me first?" He asked, still wanting to know why he didn't know first.

"I didn't want to worry you about me and I was a little scared of how you'd react. I know how you get," you said, knowing he would get concerned more than he should and would focus on you more than he usually did. He would get super clingy and lovey towards you and he would constantly worry. You didn't want him to be worried about you.

"(Y/n)..." he said softly and slowly, pulling you into a warm hug and pushing your head against his shoulder. You allowed yourself to cry into his shoulder, thankful he was finally being rational about it. "Don't ever worry about telling me something. I'm always here for you, you know that. I'm so sorry," he apologised, holding you tighter and closer which at this point was impossible.

Your hands gripped onto the back of his shirt, never wanting to let go of him. You felt so safe with him and you were safe with him. He would always care for you even when he was being selfish like he had been a moment ago.

"I love you so much," he said sincerely, his grip tightening around you.

His grip was tight yet his touch was gentle, something you had wanted to receive from him for days and was finally receiving. He hadn't reacted in the best way at first, but now he was finally understanding and doing what he should have done in the first place.

Yeosang would always care for you despite some of his selfish actions or words, and he would do everything he could to make you feel happy. You meant the entire world to him and he would never do anything to make you feel worthless or upset and if he were to do so, he'd apologise immediately and try to fix whatever was wrong.

He would always care for you no matter what.