He flipped through the photo album and stared at their memories together as they all flashed one by one like scenes of a movie playing back in his brain.

A single lone tear fell from his eyes as he realized that no matter how many years they were together, their lives spent together was still too short.

There was still so much more they could've done together. So much more they could have seen.

She brought out the best in him. Beyond perfection, she brought out the true person living inside himself.

She helped him find himself at times when he didn't know he was lost.

She helped him realize that there was no need to be perfect at everything and at all times because the only perfection that existed was there love for each other.

Soon the cover of the photo album came back, closing it as he realized he came to an end. But, he didn't want this to be the end.

He sighed. Silently cursing the world for picking the most beautiful flowers for their bouquet of eternal grace to be left on the doorsteps of heaven itself.

He grazed his cheek, feeling it slightly wet as he wiped away his tears with the sleeve of his sweater and put away the album back in its place on the shelf.

He heard little, tiny footsteps coming into the room as he turned to see the figure revealing herself with her hair tied up in a ponytail with a pink bow.

She was wearing a white long sleeve shirt underneath a pair of denim overalls with a pair of small, brown Timberland boots on her feet.

She came closer to the older male as she hugged his legs looking up at his tall figure.

"Daddy! What are you doing?" She asked.

The male crouched down to meets his three-year old daughter's gaze as he pinched her cheeks and she giggled.

"Nothing. I was just looking at pictures of my first love." He replied with a bittersweet smile.

"Mommy?" The little girl asked.

He picked up his daughter and held her up in his arms and kissed her forehead.

"Always."

Through perfections and imperfections, through hardships and pain, through love and loss, we all end up in the same place.

And that's life.

Author's Note:

Small update, but just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Elara (SilverStella)!!

Hope you have an amazing day!