W

It was the beautiful, fresh, warm spring air that woke everyone up from the deep slumber of the winter.

Winter break was over and after spending some much needed rest, the students were still not excited to go back to school.

But then again, what student was?

Jungkook was.

Not because he loved school and loved doing homework and assignments– okay, maybe he does– but because he got to see his favorite desk partner.

He got to class early on the first day back, as he always does, to be surprised by the girl, whom he was waiting for, already at her seat.

"Sunhee? What are you doing here so early?" He asked as he came closer to her.

She looks up at him and smiles. "Oh me? Nothing, I just decided to get to school early since you're always here early. You always said it was nice and peaceful so I wanted to see for myself." She said turning her head to the window.

He sat down next to her with a smile of his own as he puts his bag underneath his desk and turns to look at the back of her head.

"So how do you like it?"

"To be honest, it's kinda boring." He chuckles as she turns to him with a small frown.

He starts to come in closer to her which made her unconsciously lean back and hold her breath. "Ah, what are you doing?" She says as she starts to blush again.

He comes in closer until their faces were only centimeters apart. Then, without a warning, he taps her on her nose with his finger gently.

"Fine, I'll take you somewhere fun after school next week." He leans back into his seat which causes her to release the breath she was holding in.

He starts laughing once he sees her face. "Hey! Not funny!" She says with a small pout.

"It was pretty funny. Ah, you should have seen your face."

"Tsk. Why must you always tease me?" She said, crossing her arms.

"Because you're cute." He said so nonchalantly.

She froze up. Jungkook wasn't the type to say something bold, let alone flirt, so why did she feel flustered.

"You okay?" He asked, noticing the way she wasn't saying anything back.

She shook out of it. "Oh yeah. Sorry. Just tired I guess."

"Hmm I know. Sunhees are not meant to be up this early."

"Hey! Do you really think I'm lazy?"

He stroked his chin with his finger and looked up as if he were thinking. "Nope. Just cute." He chuckled, softly.

She sighed. "You know you should stop doing that. Who knows he many people might misunderstand. Including me." She mumbled the last part.

He was silent for a moment which made her nervous.

"What if I want them to misunderstand." He finally said, breaking the silence.

"Uh?"

"Oh class is gonna start soon. Look people are walking in already." He said, changing the topic.

She nodded and sat in silence as soon everyone started filling in their seats as the teacher came in. But she couldn't help staring at Jungkook throughout the day, wondering what he really meant.