R

"Do you remember me?" He asked as he now stood up, towering over her.

She bit her lip, feeling flushed on how she let those were slip from her tongue. She thought that it'd be weird to remember such a small event especially as children. But after hearing the way he sounded, she thought maybe he remembers the same day too.

"Yeah, I do remember you. It was like ten years ago. I think we both were in the park forest and I think I was stuck in a acorn tree–"

"Apple."

"What?"

"It was an apple tree." He said, smiling.

"Y–You remember too?" She asked, shocked.

"Of course. I knew there was something familiar about you. I just didn't want to say anything just in case you thought I was weird or some sort of stalker or something." He said.

"I felt the same way!"

They both started to laugh. "I guess it really is a small world after all." He said.

"It really is."

They both smiled and walked side by side to go to the library to work on their presentation. Unfortunately they had to pass through the lunch room which did earn quite a few stares, especially those of Choi Mina.

Nonetheless, they spent their entire free period working on their ideas for the project and getting to know each other better.

It truly as been a decade, but it felt like yesterday that they just met.

Well technically today, but there was no need for such technicalities.

***

The bell soon rang and they had to go back to class. Everything was fine until Mina walked up to their seats.

"Wow I knew you were trouble Sunhee, but I didn't realize you were such a slut too."

"Excuse me!"

"I mean look at you. All over the new boy, how pathetic."

Sunhee didn't say anything. She tried but couldn't find the courage too. Although she didn't need to as someone stood to defend her and it was no other than her seat partner.

"What I don't understand is why you're so rude to her when it seems like she never did anything wrong." Jungkook said as he began to feel angry.

"Oh trust me, if you've been here longer you would know what she's done."

"And what did she do?" He could feel his blood boiling a little.

"She was born. And not only that, but she was born to be a huge mess up in life that ruins everything. Our class can never get the perfect attendance award because of her or have the all perfect grades award. We're literally the laughing stock of the entire school and to make it worse we've all been stuck with her since middle school."

He stood up. "Wait. So you're telling me all of this is because of some stupid awards." He was holding himself back, trying to remain calm. "Seriously, is that all that matters to you all."

"You wouldn't know how that feels. I mean you're perfect at everything." Another guy answers from the front.

He looked over at Sunhee to see her being dreadfully quiet. She had her head down as she felt like a disgrace. They were right. She always did mess things up for her class, it was only natural that they hated her.

"Maybe, because I worked too hard for something that was never important to me in the first place." He sighs. He finally calmed down. "Are the awards really worth it? I mean once you get into the real world, experience life, and finally have the casket close on you, would any of that matter?" He asked softly, more to himself than anyone else in the room.

The whole class was somber, but soon everyone rushed to their seats once their English teacher came in.

"Okay, class. Who's ready to learn?" Mr. Sam, the foreign teacher said.

Jungkook sighed once more. He glanced at his seat partner to see her take out her notebook which was decorated in amazing, intricate hand-drawn illustrations. He didn't know what to say, but then he caught a smile on her face which in turn made him smile as well as they turned to focus to the teacher.