Chapter Twelve

I woke up with my head pounding and bright light shining right into my eyes. I groan and try to flip over but someone's holding onto my waist. I smile and grab the hand that's around my waist and thread our fingers together, leaving a soft kiss on the knuckles of Benton.

Until I realize that Benton has much bigger hands than the ones I'm holding, and everything comes back to me. I turn slightly to see the guy from yesterday who's name I can't remember. He looks extremely familiar, like I've seen him before last night, but I can't place from where.

I pull his arms off of me and stumble out of bed, heading into the kitchen to make some coffee. I look at the time and start panicking. I was supposed to be at work two hours ago. I start grabbing my keys and hastily writing a note to the man in my bed, but as I grab my phone off of the nightstand, I see a text from my boss.

Martha

We are too shorthanded until we find a replacement for Tanner since he quit out of nowhere. I apologize for the inconvenience but until I can get ahold of my nephew to be a stand-in, I will be closing the location. You will be paid for the time off, and I will be in contact when we can reopen.

5:12am

Well I guess that solves that problem.

"Kalem?"

I jump and almost throw my phone as another problem presents itself in the form of a bleary-eyed blonde guy, newly awakened, and looking up at me from my bed.

It's also a horrible time to realize that while I put on clothes thinking of going to work, the man is still very naked and lacking a blanket now. My face goes red.

He notices my face and he gets a stupid grin on his face, but says nothing about it.

"So is this the part where I leave? Or is it the part where we exchange phone numbers?" He asks.

"It's honestly probably better that you leave, sorry, uh..." I trail off realizing I don't know this mans name.

"Oh it's Brandon, wow I guess you really were gone last night, huh?" He says smiling up at me.

I give him a tight smile wishing for this to be over and his face morphs into realization.

"Okay, well I'll get going now, wouldn't wanna impose. Maybe I'll see you around, Kalem?" He starts putting on clothes and his shoes and I silently watch, not saying a word.

He takes the hint and waves goodbye before disappearing out of my line of sight. I wait to hear the familiar click of the door closing before collapsing on my bed.

Oh god I really broke up with them. Tanner's gone. I am currently unemployed. What am I even going to do with my life now?

I might as well get something to eat. Maybe the heavy feeling in my chest will go away at the very least. I get up from my bed and put my shoes on, not bothering with checking my fridge, knowing I don't buy groceries.

I head out the door and lock it behind me, but as luck would have it, my key gets stuck.

"Fuck!" I all but yell. Of course with my life going so shitty, my door has to follow. I keep jiggling my key but it wont come out.

Suddenly I hear footsteps coming from Benton and Antonio's place and before I can think twice, I book it to the stairs, leaving my key still in the door.

Just as the door to the stairwell shuts behind me, I hear another one opening, and I know it's them, so I continue down the stairs and search for a place to eat.

Eventually, I end up at Denny's. I walk in and I get weird looks from the waiters. A lady leads me to my seat and she looks across from me and back.

"Where's the other guy? You have never come here without him?"

The Couple Next Doorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें