Chapter 13, Calix's Injury

Ceres, Lola, and El disappear, and I guess they're in the human world. I don't know where Calix and West are, but I go next.

I find myself near a robin-blue house with a red roof. Lola and El are starting to enter the house.

Then I see Ceres opening a window. "This is my human house! Come in, Sadie!"

As I enter the house, a bleeding Calix and a limping West appear.

I spin around. "Are you guys okay? What happened?" I ask, worried.

"We... are fine," says Calix. I notice he has a gold knife in his hand, so I guess that he got into some kind of fight.

"Who attacked you?" I demand, more worried for them than mad.

"A M.O.N.S.T.E.R. Grey. Wanted. To. Kill. Me." Calix is out of breath, and he simply collapses.

West kneels next to him, muttering "ow" as his ankle touches the ground. West checks Calix's pulse. "He's okay. Just fainted. We need to stop the bloodstream coming from his wound."

So West and I carry Calix into the house and put him in a couch.

"Oh my!" cries Ceres. "What happened to you?"

Calix's eyelids flicker and he opens his eyes, squinting at us. "M.O.N.S.T.E.R.S Chased. West. And. I."

West nods along, explaining in greater detail. "See, the M.O.N.S.T.E.R.S, they gave up chasing you guys, but they tried to pursue me and Calix. I was lucky, I had been closest to the cage door when El unlocked our cage and set us free. Calix was second to last out of the cage. There was one girl, she had red hair, the M.O.N.S.T.E.R.S killed her. I don't know which M.O.N.S.T.E.R killed her, but I do know she didn't make it. And as Calix and I left, you know what I saw of the cages building? Up. In flames. Unfortunately, I don't know if any Changers got out, though I know Grey and his minions escaped."

As the word "Grey" leaves West's mouth I taste anger and bitterness. This is all Grey's fault. If he hadn't attacked Changers Academy and convinced loyal Changers to become spies, if he hadn't kidnapped all those innocent students, everyone who went and taught at Changers Academy would still be alive. Sometimes I still wonder what made Grey become the cruel person he is now.

As Ceres tends to Calix, I'm still speechless. I can't think of anything that could comfort the others. I didn't really know or like anyone who died, well, except Coral. Over the buzz of the recent events, I haven't had any downtime left to just spend mourning our friendship, I didn't even try to piece it back together. But I can't do anything anymore, she's probably dead by now. The day she walked away from me, it was like she had already died. 

A/N: This story is almost done! Be sure to vote and comment! (I hope y'all have followed already if you liked this story) 

Love

The author of this book

FLORENCE ♥️😹