Chapter 8, A New Friend

A/N: Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! :)

CHAPTER 8, A NEW FRIEND

    "Um, could I sit here?" Coral asks me.

"Sure," I say, looking at Lola and Matthew. Lola nods and Matthew gives a thumbs up.

"Guys, this is Coral. Coral, that's Lola and that's Matthew," I introduce.

Coral gives a short laugh. "Hiiiiiii, Dealola!" Huh? I wonder what that means.

"You know Lola?" I ask quizzically.

"Duh, we're step-sistas. How could we not?" Coral responds in a "cool" voice.

"Really?" I ask Lola.

"Yeah, Coral and I are stepsisters. Here's the story if you want to hear it..."

"Go ahead," Matthew says.

"Sure, Dealola," Coral says with her slang.

"So, well, Coral's dad is a Changer medic, you know, like regular army medics. Like healing?

"Coral's mom is a completely normal human. Not a changer. See, Coral's dad didn't tell her mom about him being a Changer until after they married.

"When she found out, she was mad. Like, mad mad. So mad, so mad that she married another man. That man, as you can guess, is my dad, Jacob. Back then, Coral and I were about four, I think. Yeah, and then, and then Coral and. Became sisters,"

"Oh," I say, finally getting it.

"So who is Dealola?" Matthew asks Coral.

Coral giggles. "You ask Lola."

"Who's Dealola?" Matthew grins.

"Me. Coral and I made up new names for ourselves. You know how nicknames make names shorter? We decided to make longer names for ourselves. Dealola's mine, Coralline is Coral's." Lola explains with a grin on her face.

"Then I'm Sadescent," I whisper "Sadescent" and we all laugh.

"What about you, Matthew?" asks Coral. "Hey, that rhymes! How about Matthenien? Like, 'muh-thee-nee-in'?"

"I don't really care," Matthew says, "but I did think of one myself. It's Matthesinin."

"Say it again?" Coral says.

"Muh-thew-sy-nin." Matthew says patiently.

We all laugh. For just the enjoyment.

And after that....

A/N: Bad cliffhanger. Oh well. Anyway, drop a vote, comment, or follow, and... THANKS FOR READING!

-Lore-