Chapter 7, Seeing Lola

A/N: Guys, you are the best! 20 reads! Thanks so, so, so much! Anyway, enjoy!

CHAPTER 7, SEEING LOLA

After lunch, I have Offense Magic with Pro. Raea Clore. I guess Matthew and I looked at our schedules wrong, he has Defense Magic right now with -I look at my schedule- Ceres Kalsae.

"See ya," I call to Matthew, and I head off in the direction of Raea Clore's classroom.

"Hey," I call to Lola, who's passing by me.

"Hey," she answers.

"What subject do you have?" I ask, still dashing down the hall. Lola runs alongside me.

"Offense with Clore. I heard, from a kid during lunch, that she's nicer than Kalsae." Well, this Lola is definitely a lot perkier and friendlier than the one I met this morning.

Instead of saying that, I say, "Same."

We arrive in the nick of time. "Welcome, students!" says a young woman in an australian accent. Her hair is shiny and brown and she has a nice tan. I'm instantly green with envy. 

"My name is Raea Clore, and I've decided, unlike the other professors, that you students can call me "Raea" instead of professor.

"Let me tell you guys a bit about myself before I start today's lesson. I'm Australian, and I graduated from Changers Academy two years ago. Remember, you spend exactly eight years at the C.A-"

A boy with an afro interrupts Raea. "What's the C.A?" he asks. My first thought about him, is, are you stupid, or what? But because I always try to be a nice person, I try to keep those thoughts from clouding my head.

"It stands for Changers Academy." Raea smiles at him. "What's your name?"

"Milo Coa. It's pronounced coh-A." the boy, Milo, says.

"Oka-I mean, very well, Milo. As I was saying, I am now twenty. If you guys- I mean, if you students want to become a teacher at the C.A, that'd be plenty cool. You can apply after you've finished your eight years at Changers Academy and are twenty. Now, friends, let's get to the lesson! We have already spent about ten minutes!"

Raea claps her hands and the room grows dead silent. "Offense Magic is difficult. It is like in soccer, with defensive players and offensive players. It is like chess, when sometimes you play offense, and sometimes you play defense. Offense is attacking. Defense is defending. Protecting. In this class, you will learn how to play offense, or rather, be the offender, the person who knows how to plan an attack. You will learn strategies and skills to prepare you for Year 2 at the Academy. This class is difficult, I warn you once again. You will struggle. You will want to give up." She looks at us as if examining us and our skills. "However, I am sure that will my help and guidance, you will succeed. I guarantee you, once you graduate and are through with me, you will be able to fight the M.O.N.S.T.E.R.S." She smiles.

"Er, um," says a girl from the front row. "Does anyone have a pencil that I can use? I seem to have, um, lost mine," she says nervously. Her pretty ginger curls float down her back as she checks under her chair.

I decide to be nice. "Hey, what's your name? I have a pencil."

"It's Coral," the girl says. "Thanks for the pencil," she says.

"Ahem, everyone, attention on me," Raea says. I turn my eyes on Raea. I see Coral turn a very bright red. "The first strategy I am supposed to teach you students about is the whip and slash. This works well for you if your animal has talons or claws. However, if your changer is a frog or something of the like and you are finding the strategy difficult, I can teach you an alternate strategy."

......

I look up to the towering figure of Zoes Kalsae. Her silvery blonde hair reflects so much light it practically blinds me. "If you are here, you are in Defense Magic. Defense," she said, walking around the tables that everyone is sitting at. "Is harder than you think. You have to be quick and fast to react."

Kalsae is the type of teacher who apparently goes right down to business. We spend the entire class practicing two defense moves, which turned out to be harder than they looked. Jeez, who knew? I mutter sarcastically.

"What did you say?" asks Coral, who is the only person I know in Defense.

"Nothing," I say.

"Quit talking, girls!" A mean voice says, and I cower with fear. 

A/N: Sorry that this isn't much of an ending, but still, same as usual, drop a vote, comment, and a follow, and yes, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! :) YOU GUYS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!

-Lore- (I forgot to do this with the past chapters. Oops! Hope you guys forgive me!)