Chapter 29

Two and a half years later...

[7:27 am]

Jenduekie: Today is the day!!!!

Nalalisa: Jennie unnie, it's too early

Jenduekie: Lalisa Manoban. Get the fuck up.

Jenduekie: you need to help me!

Nalalisa: why are you awake so early on a Saturday, child?

Jenduekie: Lisaaaa please, everything has to be perfect today

Nalalisa: you graduated yesterday, you think you would sleep in

Jenduekie: I'm outside your door!

--

[7:27 am]

Chipmunk: today is the day!!!

ChichuRabbit: you're lucky I'm volunteering early today

ChichuRabbit: Lisa would kill you if you texted me this early and woke her up

Chipmunk: I'm so fucking excited... I'm about to explode.

ChichuRabbit: did you and Jennie not do it last night? You're too hyper

Chipmunk: oh, we did it alright

ChichuRabbit: ew.

ChichuRabbit: bye.

Chipmunk: Unnieeeee!!! wait!!!

Chipmunk: you promised!!

Chipmunk: Lisa said she's taking Jennie shopping or something so we have to go get it soon!!

ChichuRabbit: I'm leaving now Chaeng, ffs

Chipmunk: yay, I love you

ChichuRabbit: yeah, yeah, I just hope you know that you owe me

Chipmunk: yea, yeaaaaa, Hurry

--

[12:04 pm]

Lisa had just dropped Jennie off at her apartment.

"Don't forget dinner tonight. I want to hear everything!" Lisa said, pulling away from the curb.

Jennie turned around shaking her head while holding Chaeyoung's surprise in her arms until she heard Lisa's voice again.

"Okay! Maybe not everything!" Lisa said before driving off a second time. this earned a chuckle from Jennie as she made her way up to her and Chaeyoung's apartment.

They had graduated yesterday, Jennie had already gotten an internship under one of the college professor working on abstract art. As for Chaeyoung, she was steadily working on her first novel.

Before Jennie could open the door, she heard Chaeyoung's voice from inside and froze.

"No!" Chaeyoung whined.

"C'mon, stay still, baby!" Chaeyoung complained and Jennie was curious as hell but she couldn't just let Chaeyoung see her surprise yet.

She wasn't supposed to be home for another hour. Jisoo said she was taking Chaeyoung shopping or something.

Deciding that now was as good as time as any, Jennie opened the door and walked in.

"For fuck's sake, Jisoo unnie this thing won't stay still-" Chaeyoung said but when she turned around, she knew her plan was ruined.