Chapter 23

"Jisoo?"

Hoping to find her best friend and roommate, Jennie stepped out into the hallway of their apartment to begin her search.

"Fucking hell." Jennie cursed after seeing that Jisoo's keys were gone. It was around 7:30 am, 7:27 am to be precise. She knew Jisoo liked to get up early to go to the gym, but she never left before 7:30.

[7:34 am]

Jenduekie: Unnie. Where are you?

Jichu: I'll be home later. Don't wait up.

Jenduekie: we need to talk

[7:55 am]

Jenduekie: Jichu?

[8:15 am]

Jenduekie: ugh ffs

Jennie eventually gave up and sighed. She was lying in her bed, unable to get any sleep but realized she had her first official date with Chaeyoung today.

Her mood instantly shot from a tired sloth to an energetic puppy on crack.

Jumping out of bed, Jennie sent a quick text for Chaeyoung t wake up before she hopped into the shower.

[8:26 am]

Wifey😻👅: Good morning, Hubby. I hope you slept well. Jisoo snuck out and avoided me :(

Wifey😻👅: so I'm about to hop in the shower

Wifey😻👅: and I wish you were here with me :(

Wifey😻👅: Rosieeeeeee :(

My Hubby🐿💓: Jfc baby, shut the fuck up and come over

And with that, Chaeyoung dropped her phone back onto her bedside table and fell back into slumber.

Jennie grinned hard, laughed at Chaeyoung's directness knowing her girlfriend went back to sleep. After taking a quick shower, she got ready as fast as she could to be able to spend extra time with Chaeyoung.

--

[8:50 am]

Wifey😻👅: Rosieeeeee

Wifey😻👅: Lisa isn't here to open the door.

Wifey😻👅: come open the door or I will hug you.

Wifey😻👅: or... fuck you.

Wifey😻👅: or maybe both. I really don't have an issue with either

Wifey😻👅: omg for fuck's sake!! can you-

Jennie was midway through the message when a grumpy Chaeyoung opened the door. She was wearing sweatpants and a plain white baggy t-shirt with an adorable pout on her face with her hair going in every direction.

Before Jennie could utter a word, Chaeyoung grabbed her by the collar and pulled her inside, slamming the door.

Jennie was then promptly dragged to Chaeyoung's bedroom and pushed onto the bed.

Chaeyoung then curled up into a ball, snuggling up to Jennie and savoring her warmth.

Jennie giggled as she heard Chaeyoung's soft snores. Sighing, she leaned back and stared at the ceiling, reminiscing on how good it feels to be happy.

--

Chaeyoung woke up horribly. Her neck hurt, hair was in her mouth, she couldn't feel her right arm, there was drying spit from where she drooled on the corner of her mouth, but it was all worth it when she was met with Jennie's dark cat-like eyes.