The Tour pt.1

IMPORTANT
(Drawings made by yours truly and have been provided at the END OF THE CHAPTER when rooms are explained in detail. This is to just eliminate any confusion, specifically for those that might find it hard to visualize certain scenes, and overall make the reading experience more enjoyable!!)

Once Breakfast has been cleaned up Delaware had taken the guest group back to the front of the house when they'd first arrived the night before. He offered to take them while Alfred and DC were busy situating everyone,  out of his good heart and totally not to avoid his still potentially cross father.

It also might have to do with the idea that he could intimidate them from a distance without having to say anything, reveling in the reactions he'd get from just glancing in any of the adult's direction.

The awkward silence was interrupted when Alfred entered where they stood and clasped his hands together standing in front of the group.

The nation's backs were facing the door while Alfred stood facing them.

Behind America was three wide hallway entrances. One to the left of them, one to the right, and another straight down the middle. They stood on a maroon carpet that would branch off into these respective halls.

Two grand staircases curled towards and arched over the middle hall. The matron carpet followed and curved with the marble stairs, along with black and gold painted metal railing. A wood polished top balanced on the metal rail using the same wood as the flooring.

The ceiling was high, similar to the dining hall's height, with a skylight framing a chandelier. Angular shapes of rainbow were cast across the the dark oak flooring supplied from the hundreds of strung crystals.

Sounds of people living within the home were evident as voices echoed down halls or children would run across the floor only sparring a quick hello to their father and guests.

"Ah, be careful!" Alfred stepped forward as if he wanted to go after a trio that had just slid by on their socks the floor above them. Appearing from one end of the rails and disappearing in the doorway at the other.

"I'm sure they're fine." Delaware waved the worry away, "You know how cautious Oregon is."

"Yeah, I know." Alfred sighed.

"Do you just let your children run around the house like this?" England spoke. A judgmental tone was purposefully laced in his voice but Alfred played it back casually.

"I trust my kids enough to have good judgement, just as I had raised them to do. If they put effort into their work, do their best in school, and they're kind to their siblings, then I don't mind if they let lose and have a little fun. They're just kids. I don't expect them to sit still all day." He argued.

"They're obviously too young to have all the work of a personification." Germany added in agreement to Alfred.

"Exactly!" Alfred snapped his fingers, happy that someone saw what he was getting at, "That kind of stress is even too much for us sometimes. I just can't imagine doing it when I wouldn't even know my times tables."

"Ok, so if they don't do the government work," Spain shifted his weight from his left to right leg keeping his arms crossed, "Then who does?"