The Dreadful Meeting

The day began with a rather gloomy mood with frigid winds and cloudy skies. This didn't help with the sleep deprived nations already on a second helping of coffee combined with frustration after losing baggage at the airport though arriving through a private jet.

The famous nations of the world had decided to congregate in America of all places. Chicago to be precise.

The city of Chicago: A place of wonder and diversity with a famous nickname "The Windy City." Fueled by the local's hate of it's bipolar weather.

Seriously. It sucks.

All the countries are already familiar with America's crazy weather, so no one had to think twice when having to pack for all four seasons. It was just a shame that it was scheduled in the month of January.

(For those of you that don't know; once Chicago reached temperatures lower than Antarctica at the time making an all time record for us...)

~

Alfred had been pacing the room for about thirty minutes. He had to mentally prepare himself for this meeting. Specifically some of the hurtful comments that would be thrown around.

Another large factor was that he was stressing over another meeting that no one should find out about. He made sure to talk with all his employees and any other sources available to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Then again, nothing runs smoothly around here, but Alfred had to remain optimistic and focus on the matter at hand.

After what felt like forever, countries started to file in one by one and took their places.

Once Germany, who actually took charge unlike others, was settled and some straggling countries came in complaining about the "traffic and icy roads", the meeting began.

In Alfred's opinion things were going well! To the outsiders view it looked like hell but to him it was better than normal. Some people seemed more tolerable than usual and there were more conversations than arguments.

This seemed to ease his mind into forgetting his other stressors.

After quick introductory conversation and a small recap of the last meeting, presentations were next on the agenda.

The topic was picked beforehand giving everyone time to prep. The topic simply  being everyone's economic status and plans on future spending.

Alfred respectfully had to be first for he was the host. On other meetings, when Alfred wasn't the host, he was always second or at most third. The others wanted to get his presentation over with as soon  as possible, though they'd never admit that.

As he stood up, and approached the wood finished podium at the head of the table, Alfred could see everyone mentally groan preparing for some stupid B.S. That's exactly what he had in mind. Alfred was quickly looking over his pretend and made up notes about Aliens, robots and what not when his obnoxious ringtone went off.

"Sorry dudes and dudettes. The hero needs to take an important phone call!" Alfred exclaimed in an uncomfortable volume calling in his handy "Heroic" facade and quickly slipped out his phone.

After just glancing at the contact name Alfred visibly paled. Others around him noticed his change in expression while others perked up after hearing the man cursing under his breath.